Can't Join Servers...

FlailingSoldier

Veteran XX
I couldn't seem to find any threads that address this problem.

Anyway, I can connect to online servers with no other players on them, and LAN servers, but whenever I try to join an online server with actualy PEOPLE in them, it just stays on the "Loading..." screen with no progress (yes I've actually tried being patient, it never loads; and the game doesn't show up as "Not Responding" in TaskManager, so it doesn't seem like it's freezing...)

Also, ZoneAlarm is turned off, but Norton is running while I do this (that a problem perhaps?)

Suggestions anyone? Thanks.

i get this, i can host a server and have people join it, however i cant join any servers online.

sits at the loading screen for ages then says connection failed when i eventually hit escape.

I've found that routers can complicate online play, especially with tribes. We had a router that screwed up everything...we ripped it out 2 days later :)

When this happens, check in the Task Manager if the T:V exe is using the CPU. If it's not, it seems like a connection problem, if it is, just keep waiting I guess...

Thriky said:
Well I'd have thought the obvious thing to try would be playing without Norton enabled.

Disable Norton? Are you nuts? :p
I'm connected through the college's network, no way does my Norton go down. :D

Anyway, I'm still havin problems, though I did manage to connect to RemoteLabs' server with little trouble. As far as the remaining majority of servers go......I just don't get it, :/.

Still having the same problem, majority of the servers just stay on the Loading screen....

I wondered if it could be related to some problems my roomate is having connecting to UT2k4 servers. He said the firewall on our network is probably blocking certain ports required to connect to the servers. Maybe that's the same reason I can't play on T:V servers? *shrug*

Back