[cameras] what

Blackmagic Design: Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera

it looks like this:

highest-quality.jpg

and it also functions as a lens cap

tripod.jpg

bitcoin $191

Last edited:
It's a movie cam man, sure it's cool that another company is doing m43 bodies, but it's not a still photos cam.

It's a movie cam man, sure it's cool that another company is doing m43 bodies, but it's not a still photos cam.

Gotcha... But there are some other camera first cameras with interchangeable lenses on the market that are $500 and can actually shoot 1080p @ 60fps, this one cannot.

While the optics, etc. may be better, it still can't shoot 60fps, which is a nice option... Although I'd probably mostly shoot 24fps if I was making a movie, which it supports natively.

There really doesn't seem to be any comparable options for a sub $999 1080p camcorder though, so I guess it will have a niche...

Isn't the point with this thing thou that its "1080 raw"? Whereas all those other options are outputting some compressed format. I'm not a video guy thou, so I don't really understand the details.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's a big feature of it... It's obviously aimed at the point between pro-sumer camcorders, and low end professional camcorders.

Expect a second version with 48/60fps a year after release.

LOL some ppl

reminds me of when a friend of mine spent £3k on a mixer and a bunch of microphones and still wanted to fuck around with adapting the output to the minijack-in on his 'field recorder' that was a glorified dictaphone

LOL some ppl

reminds me of when a friend of mine spent £3k on a mixer and a bunch of microphones and still wanted to fuck around with adapting the output to the minijack-in on his 'field recorder' that was a glorified dictaphone

It's not the form factor that counts... Just the converters. ;P

Back