[Beta] Need for Speed World

Exclusive to PC, Need for Speed World is the first massively-multiplayer racing game in the Need for Speed series

lol, no its not.

you'd think ea would know the history of its own franchise.

technically correct, MCO wasn't released as part of the NFS series, though it was conceived and initially developed as an NFS game. Once EA got their clasw into it with that early 2000s MMO bug that was going around as the next big cash-cow, they butchered it and turned it into MCO.

That still sits as the best "car" game I've ever played.

SOOOO much customisation, so much room to mess about in, so much to expirement with and fine tune. It was a full-on hotrodding experience.. none of this shitty arcade "engine package 1", "suspension package 2" shit. They had a bajillion different everythings. Intake & Exhaust manifolds, heads, valve trains, camshafts, carburettors, turbos, blowers, exhausts, sway bars, springs, shocks, wheels, tyres, spoilers.... everything, all actual parts, officially licensed and accurate. The thing even had (proper, third party simulation) dyno software built into it that would take all the bits and pieces and throw it through a simulated dyno to give you torque and power curves for your car.

I hope this does that memory justice. I don't hold much hope for that, though. It's just too detailed for the way the NFS series is these days, with it's freakin neons and decals for all the ADD kiddies.

I remember a guy I used to work with played MCO back in the day. I didn't have a computer that'd run it so I'd make him tell me of his goings-on in game. This is one of the more anticipated games on my list, I'm hopeful it isn't your typical NFS crapfest. I'll be signing up for the beta when I get home today.

Thanks for the link.

It's EA, the company who dumbs down games like The Sims and Spore.

Do you honestly think they can make a in-depth and diverse game with NFSW?

They'll probably dumb it down for the masses like they do everything else now-a-days.

I wanna apply but don't want to install this unity bs on my work comp. Guess I gotta wait til I get home.

Anyone getting hung up on any of the questionnaire? I get 4 steps into the signup process and then after submitting the 2nd or third batch of answers nothing happens?

Back