Best dinner in San Diego?

dubsack

Veteran XV
Recommendations? No picky eaters in the group. Will be there Saturday-Monday for work and a Seahawks game.

Just depends on where you are at, no point driving all around town as almost every neighborhood has some great food.

yea where in SD are you? what do you want?

i dont know about fine dinning stuff. i know Mr. A's is talked about but super expensive and not my style.

i go for the hole in the wall type places.... Hodad's is quite possibly the best burger in all of America... of course i haven't been to all of America so i cant say but i know its by far the best around here.

if you want some good BBQ go to Phills. the one on Sports Arena Blvd. Good mexican food is everywhere and i suggest just rolling the dice and picking some random place in Old Town.

for asian food head north to claimont area or mira mesa.

Filippi's Pizza Grotto has really good pizza and italian food.

thats a start i guess

yea where in SD are you? what do you want?

i dont know about fine dinning stuff. i know Mr. A's is talked about but super expensive and not my style.

i go for the hole in the wall type places.... Hodad's is quite possibly the best burger in all of America... of course i haven't been to all of America so i cant say but i know its by far the best around here.

if you want some good BBQ go to Phills. the one on Sports Arena Blvd. Good mexican food is everywhere and i suggest just rolling the dice and picking some random place in Old Town.

for asian food head north to claimont area or mira mesa.

Filippi's Pizza Grotto has really good pizza and italian food.

thats a start i guess

These are all excellent suggestions.

I haven't had Hodad's in years, and just made the mistake of an image search

Hodad%27s%20burger%20and%20fries%20(guyfieri.blogspot.com).jpg

:hurry:

the neopalotin shake is so fucking good... i split it between 4 of us when i get one. its THAT big. the guido burger is worth it. I got the blue jay burger last time i went its really good but you must like blue cheese.
also if you dont want to deal with the line at hodad's(can get long) go past it order it to go then walk a block to the beach and sit on the wall and watch the surfers and bum's play guitar. its "glorious".

We are downtown, Front and Cedar is nearest intersection.

I figured we could find food for lunch & breakfast, trying to make reservations for a nice dinner ($40-50 a person, not including drinks) but not bank breaking.

Thank you for all the suggestions so far.

Back