Bent wheel hub, not warped rotor!

Replaced the bearing and hub today.
SKF bearing with the hub already installed.

Dial indicator on the rotor surface with old bearing and hub:

New and measuring runout:

Pretty amazing how tolerant of runout this system is compared to a floating caliper design.
Runout would have been obvious in a cheaper design.
I did install new anti rattle clips, and the brakes work as expected now.
I actually moved the seat back a little because the pedal doesn't sink as far as it did.

:boogie:

Do SKF still make the really good bearings for automotive purposes? I prefer them and Timken in industrial equipment. I do not like having to replace bearings more often than I should need to. Company I used to work at used cheap Chinese crap that wouldn’t last worth shit.

Do SKF still make the really good bearings for automotive purposes? I prefer them and Timken in industrial equipment. I do not like having to replace bearings more often than I should need to. Company I used to work at used cheap Chinese crap that wouldn’t last worth shit.
Yeah, SKF is what we use at the shop when possible. I wasn't in a hurry for these and ordered through rock auto, $100 cheaper than local warehouse that would have had to order it anyhow.

True fact - I used to design and build brake rotor machining lines (for GM, Ford etc.)
I must have churned out millions of those fuckers, and I made sure they all had a bit of runout, just to fuck with u guys :)

Back