[BEER] Dogfish Palo Santo Marron nom nom nom

Son of Mothra

Veteran XV
So i headed to the liquor store today to pick up some 90m IPA and saw a new carton amidst the selection of dogfish head: Palo Santo Marron
13.95 for a 4pack, 12% abv
"An unfiltered, unfettered, unprecedented BROWN ALE aged in handmade wooden brewing complexity unique to this ale comes from the exotic Paraguayan Palo Santo wood from which these tanks were crafted. At 10,000 gallons each, these are the largest wooden brewing vessels built in America since before Brohibition. It's all very exciting. We have wood. Now you do too."

So, in my excitement i bought a 4pack of this and some Guinness extra stout for some black and tans. Tasting it straight, it is full of flavor, like a 90m IPA on crack. Pouring it into a glass it's as dark as the extra stout was.
Once again, Dogfish Head, you have not let me down. Anyone else try this lovely brew yet?

Ugh, I fucking LOVE the Palo Santo. It's probably my favorite beer from DFH. It's strong enough to give me a good buzz without going overboard but also tastes damn good.

I have a 750ml bottle of Duvel chilling right now

duvel.jpg

Ok, I'm interested. Brown ales are among my favorite of the beers.

I just looked up the local distributors, found out where they distribute to, and am now stopping by my local BevMo on the way home for some of this.

There was a shipment of this around here a few months ago but I didn't pick any up, and now I think it's all gone

Well thanks to this thread I'll be going to the liquor store to see if they have any left.

TW is a bad influence.

chimay-bleu.jpg

is what i tried last night for the first time

Unibroue is good for affordable Belgian pale and dark ales (as well as their trippel), and St. Bernardus is good for affordable quads (they also have a dubbel but I haven't tried it)

So i headed to the liquor store today to pick up some 90m IPA and saw a new carton amidst the selection of dogfish head: Palo Santo Marron
13.95 for a 4pack, 12% abv
"An unfiltered, unfettered, unprecedented BROWN ALE aged in handmade wooden brewing complexity unique to this ale comes from the exotic Paraguayan Palo Santo wood from which these tanks were crafted. At 10,000 gallons each, these are the largest wooden brewing vessels built in America since before Brohibition. It's all very exciting. We have wood. Now you do too."

So, in my excitement i bought a 4pack of this and some Guinness extra stout for some black and tans. Tasting it straight, it is full of flavor, like a 90m IPA on crack. Pouring it into a glass it's as dark as the extra stout was.
Once again, Dogfish Head, you have not let me down. Anyone else try this lovely brew yet?

That is kind of funny since I was just home and saw the same beer. I got a 4 pack to try at home while some friends were over and we all universally liked it. Love Dogfish Head btw. If you ever get a chance you should tour their facility. About 2 hrs from my house and was def worth it. Free beer samples i mean cmon.

I just purchased a 6-pack of Westy 12--don't even ask me how much I paid for it.

The Dog Fish PSM is pretty damn good though. I don't think It'll find a place on my regulars list though.

Back