[Bailout] Fuckers like this need to be shot.

I'd love to see this happen.

If it happened I would be willing to say he's one of the greatest presidents in terms of providing justice, and looking out for, the people of the country - not just the rich.

Shit, i'd get his face tatooted on me or something.

If obama has any balls, dignity, or common decency for the people of this country, he will order an investigation and have these people charged, tried, and sentenced for a long time...

i hope someone does, these people are crooks, and are abusing the american people.

No shit, Martha Stewart was up to some shady shit that absolutely pales in comparison to this and she got prison time. These fuckers should be narrowly avoiding a lynching...

Its not the governments problem, its really up to the board of directors to appropriate pay. Its their money, and their bank and its up to them to decide whether or not some high salaried person is worth the money or not.

Arguably they are overpaying in many cases, but be sure there are some ceos that are worth every penny (eg Steve Jobs). Its ultimately no different than professional sports.

Its really the same situation if a sports team has their salary cap reduced by half. Who suffers the most? Most of the time its the role players and not the big stars who end up getting pay cuts or the boot.

Its not the governments problem, its really up to the board of directors to appropriate pay. Its their money, and their bank and its up to them to decide whether or not some high salaried person is worth the money or not.

Arguably they are overpaying in many cases, but be sure there are some ceos that are worth every penny (eg Steve Jobs). Its ultimately no different than professional sports.

Its really the same situation if a sports team has their salary cap reduced by half. Who suffers the most? Most of the time its the role players and not the big stars who end up getting pay cuts or the boot.

Not when companies like this are receiving taxpayer money in the form of bailouts.

At that point, they have failed to manage themselves and someone needs to do it for them.

Reasonable distribution of wealth.

you guys would do the same thing if you were in positions of power don't deny it you are the most cynical hypocritical group of assholes on the internet

I dont understand how people in major corporations allow this shit to go on but I guess when you get to that level you can do pretty much whatever you want.

Not when companies like this are receiving taxpayer money in the form of bailouts.

At that point, they have failed to manage themselves and someone needs to do it for them.

i work in corporate finance, note that some banks were pressured into taking bailout money despite being *relatively* well capitalized. I hate it when people talk like we're using their tax money to leverage up and buy a whole bunch of cdo's/cds/mba's etc...

Note that this in no way is endorsing his gross abuse of money on a god damn office.

i

ok shut the fuck up.

you don't know shit about finance.

i work in corporate finance, note that some banks were pressured into taking bailout money despite being *relatively* well capitalized. I hate it when people talk like we're using their tax money to leverage up and buy a whole bunch of cdo's/cds/mba's etc...

Note that this in no way is endorsing his gross abuse of money on a god damn office.

i

ok shut the fuck up.

you don't know shit about finance.

:huh:

Are you schizophrenic or something?

im speaking about his second sentence. "they have failed to manage themselves and someone needs to do it for them"

no one needs to manage finance, DV is probably a fan of barney frank's ideas for controlling wall street..which would be awful

What's the problem, the it's not like the government doesn't know what it's doing right? If they didn't want the CEOs to be filthy stinking rich off your dime they wouldn't have given them your money. Don't question the government, they know what's best.

It's a cash grab before all these companies belly up. Lending them money will do nothing to help them cure the level of greed that is the rise and fall of these companies.

Pretty much the whole top of the executive branch left Merrill in the last 6 months.

im speaking about his second sentence. "they have failed to manage themselves and someone needs to do it for them"

no one needs to manage finance, DV is probably a fan of barney frank's ideas for controlling wall street..which would be awful

No, in fact I fully support market types who are good at what they do.... But when they spend 1.2 million on a fucking office 35k of said 1.2 for a FUCKING TOILET, they need to not be working in that industry any longer.

You can't tell me with a straight face that a guy like that is honest and good for the industry. I saw the story on CBS nightly news for fucks sake, and it was brushed off like this kind of activity is ok.

So tell me... Is it?

Not to mention the whole 4 Billion in bonuses pushed up to execs RIGHT before BoA took control because it never would have happened afterwards. How in the fuck is that "good buisness?"

so here's my take on the whole ceo thing

do you want a ceo thats driven by money?

or do you want a ceo that will do the job as cheap as possibly?

This is the problem.

CEOs and high executives don't bear a large enough risk to their actions.

The people who make the risky financial transactions need to bear a greater risk.

We'll see.

Back