[BadMofo] Stuff to do in San Diego

LeafNinja

Veteran X
There's about a 75% chance that I'm coming down to San Diego with a couple of friends. I was there last week, and went to Dick's Last Resort, but other than that, I just walked around downtown SD with the girlfriend. I'm thinking of coming back to SD this weekend because I have a help my friend move his shit to La Jolla.

ANYWAY, what are some cool things to do in SD once I'm done helping him move?

:sunny:

hit the beaches- pacific and mission namely. walk up and down the boardwalk, hit the bars on the waterfront

rent a beach cruiser and ride around the bay

go surfing

skip the zoo and seaworld

downtown is pretty nice because its all new, definitely worth going out there at night

for example, i think j bar is the rooftop bar, very chill and nice, closes at 12 or 1
then you can head a block to fleetwood

there are lots of other bars (direction is away from petco), some ghetto, some touristy, but J is a good place to start.

PB is cool for a college type bar crawl, great weekend nightlife

Downtown if great if you want something nice, the rooftop bar at Hard Rock is pretty badass

PB is nice but a lot of fakeness... douches, but also hot girls... so it has its pluses and minuses

Walking down PB is like:

Bar --> Surf shop --> Sports bar --> Tattoo parlor --> Chipotle's --> Bar --> Bar --> Swim shop --> Tattoo parlor --> Bar...

I guess if that's your thing :shrug:

A really good way to do the Beach bar scene is to do the Bahia Belle bay cruise. It goes around Mission bay with multiple stops, and runs all night. Once you pay, you can get on/off as you wish.

Do a loop or 2, then get off in PB. If you can't find some fun, try one of the other hotels along the way. I've never NOT had fun on the BB cruise....

Balboa Park (has lots of museums and many are free this Sunday because it's Museum Day)
La Jolla Cove
Top of Mount Soledad for a spectacular view of San Diego and the ocean
Pizza Port
Any of like a million good mexican joints
Old Town
Seaport Village
La Jolla Shores or PB
Gaslamp District
Phil's BBQ (Best ribs in CA)

Phils is good. The best ribs in CA though?

not even close.

Get a rope!!!!

Those fucking pork ribs have crack in them

Who has better ribs!!!

Also if you want to give it a try, Mira mar speed Circuit is fun

and don't you dare leave San Diego with out going to STONE brewery

Back