Awful Movies that You Loved Anyway

I was a Blockbuster member back in the day.

fall-franchise-blockbuster-5-other-chains-went-bust-blockbuster-2.jpg

They were always out of "the good movies." So I had to settle for the also rans.

Very surprised you know that movie.

It is one of those ones that really sticks in your head, it's bad, for many reasons.

best part about the patriot is when it was 1st in theaters n bad guy says "tell me about... Ohio." all menacingly

black dude in the crowd shouts "u aint want none of this"

and the whole theater chuckled sensibly

It is not. Neither is The Patriot but people seem to like that one too.
You have mentioned the patriot a lot over the years. I have no real idea why I remember that except that noting 'fool really doesn't like this movie and brings it up a lot'

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Because it's an objectively terrible movie that people inexplicably like. Ironically if it were remade today with the exact same cast, well maybe not Ledger, it would probably be decent. They wouldn't portray a South Carolina plantation owner as a kind and decent man.

what about benedict cumberbatch in 12 years a slave
they were pretty kind in his portrayal as a slave owner as i recall

ooh you know what movie i fucking love

almost heroes

rip chris farley
but also their "native" guide was absolutely fucking smokin hot

best part about the patriot is when it was 1st in theaters n bad guy says "tell me about... Ohio." all menacingly

black dude in the crowd shouts "u aint want none of this"

and the whole theater chuckled sensibly

I've noticed that there are many movies where the bad guy threatens Ohio. I've always wondered why that is

I've noticed that there are many movies where the bad guy threatens Ohio. I've always wondered why that is

I think it's because it's like threatening the weedy little loveable but decidedly dim kid. Anything midwest will do as far as that goes, really.

<bad guy shoves Iowa>
Iowa <cringing away>: "Sorry I got in your way, sir."
Washington state <slightly apart>: "Hey guys, did you see that?"
California <with Washington & others>: "Hey, you!"
NY: "The hell, man?"
Texas <drooling slightly>: "TEXAS SMASH!"

Prometheus

The plot was hot garbage but I think it did a lot of other things really well.

i fuckin loved both of the alien prequels but with how much room for improvement there is, it makes me a sad boi thinkin about all that wasted potential

Back