Authorities say SD driver of stolen van's blood alcohol content was .708, a possible

TooSmoothe

Veteran XX
Authorities say SD driver of stolen van's blood alcohol content was .708, a possible

Front Page Article

RAPID CITY, S.D. - South Dakota authorities say a woman found passed out in a stolen delivery van earlier this month registered a blood alcohol content of .708 nearly nine times the legal limit and a possible record for the state.

Meade County State's Attorney Jesse Sondreal said Wednesday that 45-year-old Marguerite Engle, who recently moved from Minnesota, was found slumped over the van's steering wheel along a highway on Dec. 1.

He says the highest blood alcohol content state chemists he spoke with could recall was a .56. The state's legal limit is .08.

Authorities say Engle missed an initial court hearing Dec. 15, but that they found her Monday in another stolen vehicle, and that she had been drinking.

She was being held on two counts of driving under the influence. It wasn't immediately clear if she was facing other charges.

Her attorney declined comment.

Shouldn't you be dead at that point? :huh:
thats the problem with the sweeping scale of .08 as too drunk to drive. it used to be considered .5 that was death but obviously that is not true, just like .08 for everyone as being considered as drunk.

i couldnt imagine blowing a .5 or a .7. one time i blew a .23 and i was fucking smashed. ugh!

thats the problem with the sweeping scale of .08 as too drunk to drive. it used to be considered .5 that was death but obviously that is not true, just like .08 for everyone as being considered as drunk.

i couldnt imagine blowing a .5 or a .7. one time i blew a .23 and i was fucking smashed. ugh!

there's no problem with the "sweeping scale"

typically, unconsciousness or death occurs from around .3 and up

but there will always be exceptions, like the guy from Bulgaria who had about a .91 BAC and was still completely coherent

well if you just took a drink of alcohol like a minute before then the residue will register waaaay higher on the scale

even if you burp or throw up that will happen too

actually in my state to properly administer the test the subject is supposed to not have taken a drink for twenty minutes

It was probably a breathalyser test which are notoriously inconsistent and unreliable. Even if you used mouthwash that same morning you could blow a tenth or two higher. I've heard of people who consumed no alcohol blow over the legal limit, so I'm sure it works in the other end of the spectrum too.

I wonder if she was native american. Although I'm sure if the Meade Co. Sherrif's were looking to break a record, they could just head to Prairie Market. A fine establishment where citizens of Rapid City can go for cheap booze and then get knifed or raped in the parking lot.

I ended up in the ICU one night at .5 or .55, I can't remember now.

I don't remember very much of that night though. Everything I had on me was ruined by copious amounts of vomit.

i was arrested and taken to the hospital where i blew a .3

i cant imagine getting much higher than that bc i was pretty fucked up. i was still walking and i hadn't puked but i was completely blacked out

Back