Austin, TX

sheeptaur

Veteran X
Inform me.

Looks like a kickass place to live. Reasonable Housing market, sweet weather, great music, great IT Job Market...

Am I wrong?

.......It's Texas.

buttpirate.jpg

It's a liberal area in Texas, lots of shit to do. Be prepared for baking your ass 9 months out of the year since it's fucking hot and humid.

not too humid...ya ok maybe so

we got tons of public pools, natural springs where chicks bathe topless (sometimes hot), rivers lakes hiking trails rock climbing rowing running biking

and ya live music in 30 bars at least, every night of the week

cost of living is highest in the state, but compared to west/east coast, still better

lots of tech companies. Dont know if they are hiring right now

we're the silicon valley of texas or whatever they call it

Stay away from Texas at all costs, especially Austin. Born and raised here for 26 years; do yourself a favor and move to California.

your life must really suck
Nah not really. My life probably wouldn't be any shittier or better had I been born or lived elsewhere. I'm a military brat after all and enlisted myself.

However, I still stand by the fact that Texas is a super hot shithole.

I haven't lived "on a base" since I was like 6-7 years old. I have lived in Austin, where my older brother was born, San Angelo, Lubbock, and mainly Abilene. My knowledge of Texas and its' landscape is vast. It's all a shithole. Except maybe some parts of Eastern Texas that I have yet to have the privilege of visiting.

You're a dumbass phrenzy. I am sorry you don't like having the benefits of city living while being organized like a smaller town.

Back