Are New Yorkers arrogant?

ballmilk

Contributor
Veteran XV
I had to deal with two New Yorkers the other day at work.
They both had to inform me multiple times, that they were from New York, and how we did business was not how it was done in New York.
They're ability to understand our pricing, and reading comp. skills(since our pricing was in writing) was so poor we laughed for hours after they left.
Ive dealt with Texans, and Californians, and they both have that state pride, and will let you know about it.
But these two, were sure that myself and our pricing was wrong because they have never seen a price breakdown before.
I work in Charlotte NC, and I am having to deal with THESE people more and more everyday.
Is this normal, and why are they so dumb?

BTW they were both democrats.

Depends on if they were from the city or somewhere else. From the city, yes. Anywhere else, no. I told someone from NY that TX was better than everyone else and they legit got so pissed they wanted to punch me in the face. Whatever....Texas people are way more arrogant (regarding state pride) than anyone else. Fact. :)

I am from CA. I have no "state pride", and if I did, I would not let you or anyone else know about it. Yes, New Yorkers are arrogant. Also, water is wet, Boston sucks, etc.

They both had to inform me multiple times, that they were from New York, and how we did business was not how it was done in New York.
They're ability to understand our pricing, and reading comp. skills(since our pricing was in writing) was so poor we laughed for hours after they left.
Ive dealt with Texans, and Californians, and they both have that state pride, and will let you know about it.
But these two, were sure that myself and our pricing was wrong because they have never seen a price breakdown before.
I work in Charlotte NC, and I am having to deal with THESE people more and more everyday.

If you're going to make a post calling people dumb, you might want to. . oh never mind.

I have a feeling most people from areas of the bigger cities in a country (especially capital cities) have that attitude towards the 'rest' of the people in a country.

Same with people from Amsterdam. Generally they're assholes.

everyone ive met from NYC thinks that the rest of the country are second-class citizens, so yes, New York City residents are arrogant in my experience

as an example: i was at a 10K run last year and the race started about 5 minutes late much to the dismay of some dude from NYC who kept complaining to anyone who'd listen that "this shit wouldnt fly back home!" the dude was completely worked up and whining about something so trivial

i do somewhat admire the directness and assertiveness that seem like the typical traits for people from NYC though.

Is this actually up for debate? Of course New Yorkers are assholes. And arrogant, and every other name in the book.

Pretending they are part of New England... aaarrggh.

Texans are worse. New Yorkers, minus the over-privileged middle age bitches, seem to have a sense of humor about their city-based hubris. Texans are just annoying assholes, and people that move to Texas and immediately adopt the Texas attitude are the fucking worst. "Everything's bigger in Texas, including my dick since I moved here yesterday!!!"

Secede already.

If you're going to make a post calling people dumb, you might want to. . oh never mind.

I know, im dumb for being a private sector job holder, and for still being on my 1st marriage for 10 years plus.
I can control my drinking habits, and my finances without whining.
Jeez, i must be an emotional drama queen.
Maybe i should Ctrl k in real life.
Im only 1/2 native american, which means im twice as smart as you.

jk, love you Van
even if ur a liberal giant douche.
Maybe you can outrun me up a hill someday to prove who is better.

if your price breakdown was as badly written as this post, I'm not surprised that they questioned it :worried:

everyone ive met from NYC thinks that the rest of the country are second-class citizens, so yes, New York City residents are arrogant in my experience

as an example: i was at a 10K run last year and the race started about 5 minutes late much to the dismay of some dude from NYC who kept complaining to anyone who'd listen that "this shit wouldnt fly back home!" the dude was completely worked up and whining about something so trivial

i do somewhat admire the directness and assertiveness that seem like the typical traits for people from NYC though.

You nailed it ,ty.

Your insults would work better if you could communicate in proper English, use punctuation correctly, find your Shift and Enter keys, and type like you were an adult instead of a teenage girl hopped up on Redbull and semen.

Back