Anyone into mountain bikes

lol for any regular poster here, a costco or Walmart bicycle is going to be more than enough, possibly overkill.

the one I posted was 2x the bike at the same(ish) price
I believe you but I was already way beyond what I wanted to spend. I also really prefer the Norco's look and wasn't sure about buying something highly customized by who-knows-who off Craiglist. I'm sure the Revolver will suit me fine for some time to come.

So this is the exact bike?

norco-revolver-92-ht-2017-mountain-bike-exdemo-exdisplay-black-green-EV318195-8560-11.jpg

Norco Revolver 9.2 HT 2017 Mountain Bike (Ex-Demo / Ex-Display) | MOUNTAIN BIKES | Evans Cycles

Norco Revolver 9.2 HT 2017

Frame Revolver XC Mid-Modulus Carbon 29 HT Frame
Fork Rock Shox Sid RL 29”100mm/15mm
Rear Derailleur SRAM GX1 11spd
Number of Gears 11
Shifters SRAM GX1 11spd
Chain set Race Face Aeffect SL 32T
Bottom Bracket Race Face PF30
Cassette SRAM XG 1150 11spd 10/42T
Chain SRAM PC-1110 11spd
Pedals Supplied
Brakeset SRAM Level TL 180/160mm
Handlebars Norco Lite 720mm Flat Bar
Stem Norco Alloy
Headset Angular Sealed Cartridge Bearings - Tapered
Grips Norco Lock On Grip
Wheelset DT Swiss X1900 Spline TR Wheelset
Tyres Maxxis Ikon 29”x2.0 TR/EXO
Saddle SDG Duster RL
Seatpost Norco Alloy
Weight 10.75 kg (Medium)

So this is the exact bike?

norco-revolver-92-ht-2017-mountain-bike-exdemo-exdisplay-black-green-EV318195-8560-11.jpg

Norco Revolver 9.2 HT 2017 Mountain Bike (Ex-Demo / Ex-Display) | MOUNTAIN BIKES | Evans Cycles

Norco Revolver 9.2 HT 2017

FrameRevolver XC Mid-Modulus Carbon 29 HT Frame
ForkRock Shox Sid RL 29”100mm/15mm
Rear DerailleurSRAM GX1 11spd
Number of Gears11
ShiftersSRAM GX1 11spd
Chain setRace Face Aeffect SL 32T
Bottom BracketRace Face PF30
CassetteSRAM XG 1150 11spd 10/42T
ChainSRAM PC-1110 11spd
PedalsSupplied
BrakesetSRAM Level TL 180/160mm
HandlebarsNorco Lite 720mm Flat Bar
StemNorco Alloy
HeadsetAngular Sealed Cartridge Bearings - Tapered
GripsNorco Lock On Grip
WheelsetDT Swiss X1900 Spline TR Wheelset
TyresMaxxis Ikon 29”x2.0 TR/EXO
SaddleSDG Duster RL
SeatpostNorco Alloy
Weight10.75 kg (Medium)
Yessir

It's light for a 29". I reckon it's ideal for cross country racing. It will be quick. Personally I'd want a hydraulic remote adjustable seat post and a slightly chunkier front tyre if I rode it on rough stuff. A seat post like I described costs a bit, and adds weight but they are very handy. Up high for the steep uphills and low for the downhill rough stuff. A slightly chunkier tyre on the front can give you increased confidence on rough stuff. Basically the front tyre is important and the rear will generally follow anything the front goes through. We often run chunkier up front (or reverse direction) and then a low rolling resistance tyre on the rear.

Your tyre is likely listed here. You can see the weight once you work it out. TR is tubeless ready. You may as well run tubeless (with the goo) if you are keen as TR will tend to carry a fraction more weight than non TR. The bike shop can convert them to tubeless for your easily, or you can do.. but you might want a high volume pump to get them to seat. It's worth obsessing a little bit over tyres. The rear tends to wear out first, particularly starting out as you will tend to skid more as a noob.

"Exo protection is a casing option that offers additional cut and abrasion resistance to select mountain bike tires. Exo is best used with trail riding applications where riders are looking for a tire with decent puncture protection without the additional weight of a dual ply casing"

Ikon | Maxxis Tires USA

"The Ikon is for true racers looking for a true lightweight race tire."

I guessing they are TB00119500 which are 60 TPI (threads per inch). Generally 120 will be a bit lighter. Softer compounds are generally heavier. The dual compound is likely harder on the centre and softer on the edge knobs. You can save weight, or blow out weight with tyre selection. It's worth researching tyres a bit when the rear wears. Yours are a low rolling resistance fast tyre. Ideal for racing.

The photo of my bike up higher has the old super light tyres on it. It' snow got 2.6 (wide) tyres.

My son has Icons on his 27.5" hardtail.

Maxxis make good tyres. I reckon Continental and Kenda are also good. I don't rate the other brands too much. Michelin tends to be heavy.

Yeah I'm gonna consider a dropper post for sure. Tires are Maxxis Ikon, if I feel the front isn't grippy enough I'll upgrade them. It's not expensive anyway.

My buddy tells me tubeless is worth the investment, I'm not sure why but whatever. I guess to run lower pressures. I'll figure that stuff out as I learn and use the bike more..

Yeah I'm gonna consider a dropper post for sure. Tires are Maxxis Ikon, if I feel the front isn't grippy enough I'll upgrade them. It's not expensive anyway.

My buddy tells me tubeless is worth the investment, I'm not sure why but whatever. I guess to run lower pressures. I'll figure that stuff out as I learn and use the bike more..
I've never done tubeless but i've repaired a tube in the middle of the bush and avoiding that is nice enough on its own.

but yeah gives the option of using lower pressure too if you desire.

I've never done tubeless but i've repaired a tube in the middle of the bush and avoiding that is nice enough on its own.

but yeah gives the option of using lower pressure too if you desire.
Repairing tubes p easy. I carry a kit. Begs the question what to do if you pop the tubeless then....

Repairing tubes p easy. I carry a kit. Begs the question what to do if you pop the tubeless then....
I think they usually have a liquid sealant inside.so unless you tear the tire open...

But iirc you can still carry an extra tube in case. I’m sure someone will correct me.

I run 45 psi so I rarely get a flat. My buddy's who run lower psi normally have a tube and small co2 pump strapped to their bike. Burping your tire or getting a flat sucks.

Back