[Anti Virus] Which one should I buy?

I need TW's expertise on choosing an anti virus program. My computer comes with norton but I've never had great experiences with norton. I've googled top 10 best anti virus programs but i want to have some first hand accounts before i know which to buy. So in your opinion, which are the most reliable?

use MSE and buy/steal malwarebytes

there's no reason to buy an AV, it won't increase the protection enough to justify the cost. Most people get viruses from stupidity (limewire, rapidshare, opening email attachments, etc) which antiviruses cannot prevent regardless of cost. The other major infections are usually from security vulnerabilities in susceptible, out of date software (windows, internet explorer, adobe reader, adobe flash). Once again, won't justify the cost for the (potential) minuscule improvement in protection if you just keep your shit up to date.

i've used security essentials and it sucked

but i was also dealing with some nasty fucking viruses

use panda cloud anti-virus which is free, or avg free

also use malwarebytes, combofix, ccleaner. and your good to go

fuck paying for that shit

MSE sucks, false "forensic" positives and you can't determine if a file is safe or not on your own.

Keep your shit updated (java, flash etc) and practice safe browsing with the likes of Firefox where you can disable scripts and advertising.

I use AVG personally, though I have to disable that constant scanning feature since it would drag my computer to a crawl.

Back