animal lovers yes/no?

Gandalf

Contributor
Veteran XX
Not in a sexual way.

I got into a discussion at work over being a pet lover or not.

I love dogs and cats, I've had one or the other (or both) most of my life. I've never bought a dog, I usually pick them up from the pound, or free puppies box on the side of the road. I don't like pure breds, they typically have too many medical issues due to in-breeding/over-breeding.

But I don't ever treat them like humans. They are not fur babies. If a pet has more than a couple hundred dollars worth of medical bills, time to take them to the pound, or put down if warranted. Not going to shed a tear - there are plenty of replacements out in the world to choose from. It's just an animal, not a part of the family. I don't give them human names. Well, I did once to a snake, I called him Floyd, from an old hudson and landry comedy skit.

Didn't matter, he never came when I called him.

So, anyway, co-workers said I wasn't a dog lover. I don't agree. I just don't see the point of spending thousands of dollars on a pet.

You have to look at the breed. Women who have dangerous dog breeds are always crazy, unless they need it because they live on a farm, or around blacks in which case it might be reasonable.

I don't mind being around reptile people even though they are strange, but I'd never associate with any kind of weirdo that has a pet tarantula. The people in grade school and high school who had those were creepy even before I found out they kept one as a pet.

Not in a sexual way.

I got into a discussion at work over being a pet lover or not.

I love dogs and cats, I've had one or the other (or both) most of my life. I've never bought a dog, I usually pick them up from the pound, or free puppies box on the side of the road. I don't like pure breds, they typically have too many medical issues due to in-breeding/over-breeding.

But I don't ever treat them like humans. They are not fur babies. If a pet has more than a couple hundred dollars worth of medical bills, time to take them to the pound, or put down if warranted. Not going to shed a tear - there are plenty of replacements out in the world to choose from. It's just an animal, not a part of the family. I don't give them human names. Well, I did once to a snake, I called him Floyd, from an old hudson and landry comedy skit.

Didn't matter, he never came when I called him.

So, anyway, co-workers said I wasn't a dog lover. I don't agree. I just don't see the point of spending thousands of dollars on a pet.

my cat and dog both talk to me in their own voice using their own words and interpret it into english

i bark and meow back and speak their language

i have a dog and cat that will live a quarter century each

FUCK YOU ANIMAL ABUSING FUCK

I cut my mutated wolf's balls off and make him chase and bring me things back
fucking ignorant slave
i feed him dog food and chicken
White Human Supremacy!!!

Last edited:
When (if) you have a pet that acts like a member of the family you'll understand.

Sounds like you only get trashy pets by choice or out of dumb habit. It's fine if that's what you want to do, those pets need love too, but you're less likely to have that "family member" experience.

Never met a dog I didn’t like. Cats are fun if not mine, don’t like to have animals that can walk on counters where my food hangs out.

Hey Amram, what’s your name?

When (if) you have a pet that acts like a member of the family you'll understand.

Sounds like you only get trashy pets by choice or out of dumb habit. It's fine if that's what you want to do, those pets need love too, but you're less likely to have that "family member" experience.

That’s not true. The pets (mostly dogs) have been, with one exception, been exceptional animals that I cared for very much. My favorite dog was when I was a teenager. Dog was named Oly, after the beer (my dad was an Olympia fanboy). She went with me everywhere. Greatest and smartest dog I’ve ever had. I picked her out of a litter box on the sidewalk, and was a medium sized collie mix of some sort. I had a paper route that I had to walk every morning, and the dog knew the route better than I did. She’d run to the next house and wait for me to catch up, then run to the next house that might be three doors down and across the street. Afterwards we’d go home and I’d fix some pancakes and would share breakfast with her.

When I joined the Air Force, I of course had to leave my dog behind. My stepmother gave away my dog to my aunt, who didn’t give her the exercise she needed. When I next saw my dog, she gained a ton of weight and could barely move, she mostly waddled. I couldn’t take her with me, I was living in the barracks.

I found out many many years later that my aunt gave her son 10 bucks to take Oly to the pound. My cousin pocketed the cash and drove her out of town and dumped her on the side of the road. I think he bought some weed with the money.

I’ve had a lot of great pets, but at no time did I ever think of them as children.

That’s not true. The pets (mostly dogs) have been, with one exception, been exceptional animals that I cared for very much. My favorite dog was when I was a teenager. Dog was named Oly, after the beer (my dad was an Olympia fanboy). She went with me everywhere. Greatest and smartest dog I’ve ever had. I picked her out of a litter box on the sidewalk, and was a medium sized collie mix of some sort. I had a paper route that I had to walk every morning, and the dog knew the route better than I did. She’d run to the next house and wait for me to catch up, then run to the next house that might be three doors down and across the street. Afterwards we’d go home and I’d fix some pancakes and would share breakfast with her.

When I joined the Air Force, I of course had to leave my dog behind. My stepmother gave away my dog to my aunt, who didn’t give her the exercise she needed. When I next saw my dog, she gained a ton of weight and could barely move, she mostly waddled. I couldn’t take her with me, I was living in the barracks.

I found out many many years later that my aunt gave her son 10 bucks to take Oly to the pound. My cousin pocketed the cash and drove her out of town and dumped her on the side of the road. I think he bought some weed with the money.

I’ve had a lot of great pets, but at no time did I ever think of them as children.

ur the same as your cousin

you fucked over a female dog you couldnt take care of you go to hell

dont worry ill send you there myself faggot oldie

i like dogs and cats

but i don't want either one of them for a pet

i wouldn't mind having a cockatoo, love those things, but they are loud and obnoxious at times

best not to have a pet :)

I have always had a dog. Don't know what life would be w/o one. Kekoa is 12+ and is in great shape because he benefits from retirement. My wife has wanted to take in strays/puppies but I remind her who takes care of the dog. When/If Kekoa dies before me, I'd like to take a break and travel easier...
but I doubt it
God brings me dogs

Here's kekoa praying for you over baby Jesus

IMG-20230104-144757415-HDR.jpg

Back