Am I being a Jew?

Flunky

Contributor
Veteran XX
I am going on a trip w/ friends. One of my friends booked 3 hotel rooms for our group which is currently 6 people but could expand. Hotel happens to be where I have a ton of points, so I book my own room for free. Friend who booked the 3 rooms already says "great now we have 4 rooms". Does that seem fair? I see this ending two ways:

1. A person stays for free in my room w/ me.

2. They suggest we divide up the cost equally using the free room to lower the overall cost for everyone.

I am not doing number 2 - I am staying for free and if it's asked I won't have a problem saying so.

For number 1 though, I kind of don't want some piece of shit freeloading off of me. And I am not going to speak up and ask some amount they can pay me and be seen as a cheap ass. I don't even want to deal with asking for compensation, but it will annoy me greatly if it's not offered.

What do you guys think. Am I being a Jew?

fuck no, ayn rand says that whatever is in your benefit, you should do it.

be proud, be a man, get shit for free, win

btw, speaking of fucking bitches, what woman wants to go back to a room with 3 other guys?

edit: 1 room / 3 people isnt much, they can afford it

Let someone sleep in the other bed in your room and don't be a bitch. If they really are friends, that is.

if you have to ask, well...

just read op

dude, wtf. Do you not know these people? I wouldnt call 6 buddies i'm going on a trip with shitbags or whatever...

fuck invite the girls to sleep in your room

:picard:

I am going on a trip w/ friends. One of my friends booked 3 hotel rooms for our group which is currently 6 people but could expand. Hotel happens to be where I have a ton of points, so I book my own room for free. Friend who booked the 3 rooms already says "great now we have 4 rooms". Does that seem fair? I see this ending two ways:

2. They suggest we divide up the cost equally using the free room to lower the overall cost for everyone.

I am not doing number 2 - I am staying for free and if it's asked I won't have a problem saying so.

For number 1 though, I kind of don't want some piece of shit freeloading off of me. And I am not going to speak up and ask some amount they can pay me and be seen as a cheap ass. I don't even want to deal with asking for compensation, but it will annoy me greatly if it's not offered.

are the hotel points because of business travel or your own money?

if the former, then yes you are being a jew, technically your company is paying for the stay

are the hotel points because of business travel or your own money?

if the former, then yes you are being a jew, technically your company is paying for the stay

my company considers hotel points, airline miles and credit card reward points I earn from travel to be a benefit they allow (aka, part of my compensation). so I earned them every bit as much as my paycheck. and it is a mix with a larger percentage being from travel for work.

and Van, some of them are friends who I wouldn't have a problem doing this for, some are more acquaintances and some I do not know (friends of friends).

I think you are missing the point of not wanting "to deal with asking for compensation". IMO you should simply acknowledge the situation, be prepared to pay for it without asking him to help, and give him the opportunity to make it up on the spot or in some other way.

The act of letting some deadbeat leach off you isn't something you should necessarily be ashamed of. Some might say the measure of a man is how many people he helps or how many people he supports.

my company considers hotel points, airline miles and credit card reward points I earn from travel to be a benefit they allow (aka, part of my compensation). so I earned them every bit as much as my paycheck. and it is a mix with a larger percentage being from travel for work.

and Van, some of them are friends who I wouldn't have a problem doing this for, some are more acquaintances and some I do not know (friends of friends).

yeah you're being asshole

treating hotel points made with company money like some kind of gold

tell your friend to stay in your room

or cancel your room and sleep 2 people per room you fucking weirdo

That's your room. You don't have to share it. And don't split costs with everyone else. Your costs are not the same as the other costs. You have no obligation to them. Enjoy your stay.

like when you go out to a big dinner and the guy that only ordered an appetizer tries to weasel out of paying equal for ease. so fuck, I am being that person

oh god...

thx... :eek:

actually, now that i think about it...6 people, 4 rooms, two people are going to have their own room anyways. i no longer consider you a jew

like when you go out to a big dinner and the guy that only ordered an appetizer tries to weasel out of paying equal for ease. so fuck, I am being that person

oh god...

thx... :eek:

Jews aren't ordering cheap appetizers. They want the good stuff.

Back