almonds in pesto

i actually stole this basil from a field i saw it growing in on my way home from the restaurant

i am a fuckin degenerate

it has the biggest basil leaves i've ever seen

some are a good 6-7" long
You must work in Coventry then.

Because that's the only town in the Vernon area that would have fields of something like basil.

Searching for "fancy Mediterranean restaurants" now.

BRB

Well

If it's a longer commute than that and you're in Vernon, you must take I-84.

84E doesn't really lead to any towns than would have "fancy restaurants" aside from Tolland, and Tolland is closer to Vernon than Coventry anyway.

So I believe that we are looking for an upscale, somewhat rural town somewhere off of 84W, undoubtedly West of Hartford because Manchester is a shithole.

I'm too lazy and uncreepy to do it, so maybe TseTse can figure out where you work with this info.

ok i dont know what your definition of creepy is because to me what you just wrote is definitely in the vicinity

i mean seriously

"i believe we are looking for" :lol:

i found a ming tsai almond pesto recipe but he puts them in the food processor

i'm gonna do half and half and see which one is better and report back with results for the 0 people who care

ok the chunky is definitely better at least to me

the smooth one is probably better in a pesto cream sauce

right now my apartment smells like fish cooked in butter and fresh bread

doesn't get much better than that

Actually, almonds in pesto isn't that uncommon- I've had it in Italy as well as a few times here in the US. Either blanch or toast them first, and use a bit less in weight than you would use of pine nuts. Oh, and I would chop the almonds fine first in the food processor then add your other ingredients.

man the only thing that sucks about my kitchen is how hot it gets when i'm making rice on one burner, pan-frying fish on another, and baking bread in the oven.

i gotta put a fan in there.

and yea sarbuze i didnt think it was that farfetched of an idea :)

So I believe that we are looking for an upscale, somewhat rural town somewhere off of 84W, undoubtedly West of Hartford because Manchester is a shithole.

good restaurants can be in shitholes...

Cavey's is in Manchester - that place is great... :D

just caramelize your almonds and cook them a little too much so the caramel syrup dries up into crystalline form, then break them up and enjoy

Back