Afghan Deployment Video

[I haven't watched the video yet, so sorry if it shows in there]
what rank are you?

Captain, I'm an infantry company commander.

how do you feel about drones?

In terms of their usefulness or if they are ethical?

Are you guys ever actually aiming at a target or is it just spray and pray in the direction of opposing gun fire? Just curious because I saw the same thing in Restrepo.

You rarely actually see a dude in your scope walking towards you spraying call of duty style. Usually you just see a muzzle flash, tracers coming at you, or hear where the bullets are coming from. Often its from over 500 plus meters away because they are scared to get close to you. You then attempt to suppress them, fix them in place, and then destroy them through fire and maneuver or drop a bomb on then.

these people aren't worth saving or helping, if they want to keep the taliban out let them fight it out civil war style.

Actually a pretty spot on video, hits on a lot of what is fucked up in that country.

when the government deploys u in US cities against the american public in the next 10 years

who will u side with

the people or whoever the government tells u to kill so u can feed ur family

u sick simple fuck

i dont think that will ever happen
if anything it would just be american civil war 20XX style
which would suck a lot

it will happen again and it will be for the third time (the second time being the Bonus March) in our nations history that the US Military opened fired upon the people of this once great nation.

this thread made a very bizarre and telling turn for the worst. as we speak, the unconstitutional homeland security is pushing massive amounts of propaganda saying that returning vets are to be considered terrorists responsible for this imaginary home grown terrorism this nations police forces are gearing up for. yet, they are gearing up for it by using returning vets. :lol:

the way this thread has turned out would show to me that the DHS propaganda is working on the people even though not one returning vet has been involved in this invented threat home grown terrorism. many in this thread have decided to turn their anger on the vet that fought the bankers war rather than directing that anger at the US Congress, POTUS and multinational corporations that pushed for these wars.

yeah sure, he was just following orders but zapper can still redeem himself by not joining the police when he returns, continuing a life of following orders that come down from the top, directed at us tax paying citizens who pay for the police lavish lifetime retirement for treating us like shit. i suppose its easier for most people to direct their anger at the solider who fight in the wars instead of noticing and directing that anger where it belongs: the United States Federal Govt and all elected officials.

dont let the propaganda coming out from The State fool you by directing your anger at the solider. its The State that is responsible for the anger you have and it needs to be directed there; not zapper and not any returning vets.

unless after their service, they work for The State.

the unconstitutional homeland security is pushing massive amounts of propaganda saying that returning vets are to be considered terrorists responsible for this imaginary home grown terrorism this nations police forces are gearing up for

You confusing the TV series with real life...

P.S. Go back to PS photos...

was that a golf cart...with a fucking 240 on it?

Ballz!

Liked how the first two shots have you guys on/crossing creeks. Great style.

Lol well that escalated quickly

:lol:

Thanks for the post. It's nice to get a perspective from the boots on the ground people. I appreciate your service and all the service men and women that go to work every day.

We can always agree and disagree about whether the US need to be here or there, but that's not the choice of our soldiers.

You guys protect us, keep us safe in our bubble and our duty is to make sure your lives aren't lost in vain. If we, the civilian US, is truly wasting American lives, then we should all lobby our politicians and make sure we get our fellow American's home.

We're all Americans. Let's work together to make the world a better place.

Thanks again.

:)

Back