How has the Affordable Health Care Act affected you?

Why are healthcare costs so high in this country? People without insurance don't pay their bills.

How to fix it? Everyone gets insurance.

Either everyone gets insurance or not everyone gets healthcare.

Im fine with either, but morally we have to give everyone healthcare.

That's one of many reasons why health care costs are so high, but far from the most important...

This place is so fucking weird lol.

Anyway.

National regulations on providing health insurance isn't a "government takeover". The individual mandate which everyone dislikes so much, including me, was a GOP compromise, not a liberal conspiracy, but you have to do the politics you can, not the politics you wish were so.

Not that reality has any place here, but every once in a while I feel compelled to post facts, despite that most of the wretched remainder of posters here are impervious to them.

โชคดีกับที่

Well which exemptions specifically do you expect will be extended before they expire?

I expect any exemptions that benefits the government or its highest paying lobbyists will continue indefinitely.

the people just enabled the Government to raise taxes at will, without a vote, under the guise of "healthcare".

evil big government forcing me to have health insurance, that's unacceptable.

but im totally cool with them spending an insane amount of my tax dollars so they can read everyones email and listen to everyones phonecalls

the only people that aren't VERY afraid at this moment, are the ones too stupid to see the implications of what "we the people" have voted on.

Or we've already gotten to the realization that short of a violent overthrow, there is nothing we can do to change shit.

It sounds like you don't understand what the implications of failing to implement it were. At the risk of repeating myself, the system is already broken. You aren't being very specific on how this makes it any worse than the complete catastrophe it already is.

Tying services to profits and making people participate seems like a pretty reasonable step, if you'll excuse me for not panicking.

I don't want to buy health care. I save my money and try and stay healthy.

If you have a serious injury or disease that happens to exceed what your savings can cover is it okay if we let you die then?

In reality, people who don't have health insurance or savings are going to get treated regardless. That ends up raising costs for everyone. In the end everyone pays more because of other people (in the new system and old).

I mean if people are okay with getting zero treatment unless they can afford it, then I'm totally fine with them choosing not to have health insurance.

Here's the best quote on the subject I've read to date:

"When you don't own and control your own body, have the freedom over it and make all of the decisions regarding it and can be held in contempt, or even taxed for, not submitting to other's will regarding it, you are a slave."

exactly

"When you don't own and control your own body, have the freedom over it and make all of the decisions regarding it and can be held in contempt, or even taxed for, not submitting to other's will regarding it, you are a slave."

which is why the republicans wanted to force rape victims to get trans vaginal ultrasounds in virginia, because they want to enslave women

When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.

Ben Franklin

The tipping point is very close.....

Oh no, we're already there.

The government gets to point at the Insurance Companies for the problem, while turning pre-tax dollars into their tax-stream, and imposing Tax penalties on those that won't play along. They can even change the law at will with Executive Order.

they can basically write themselves a check from your checking account, and there isn't shit you can do about it. They're tired of taxing our children's future earnings, and are now getting ready to suck every last dime out of Americans.

Unless it comes to abortion.

Back