An Honest Account

Maybe I'm not well read enough but if this phrase originated from your brain...

WHAT THE FUCK GHOULS! YOU ARE A MAGICIAN WITH WORDS!

there's a a famous quote from the poetry of william butler yeats that goes something like, "what rough beast slouches toward bethlehem at this late hour?". it alludes to the antichrist and the biblical prophecy of armageddon.

that foreboding usage of the verb "slouch" has always stuck with me, so admittedly the line is mostly plagiarized.

actually the poem is worth quoting in full, as it is a striking portrait of decay. according to wikipedia, it was written during the 1918-1919 flu pandemic

The Second Coming
Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

LT was an abomination of a mod that caused you to spawn in light with Energy Pack, Spin, CG, and NL, with full nade capacity and fuckin target beacons.

It was basically a noob fest of nade spamming and zero skill. In 10v10 if you had no base you had to know how to traverse the map correctly with no EP and still be efficient which was an actual skill. You had to be built WAYYYYY different. And 99% of the people who played LT didn't have that build in them and were complete shit at Base.

i agree.

unfortunately, LT is the only thing these massive wanktards wanna play anymore. :shrug:

Tribes caused you to have to be so versatile you couldn't just play one way. It forced you to play multiple ways. And to be effective you had to be good at all of them. The opposite of LT was a mod that just made you play the map in spawn and that was infinitely better and more helpful than that shit fuckass piece of shit talent less ass mod that LT created. Some people want to cry and say "it was cuz the community was smaller so we had to resort to 5v5" fine then do it naked or still base and figure it out rather than being lazy and wanting to spam nades cuz you have no skill you fucking no talent ass clowns. See what i did there? If you didn't, you didn't play tribes.

FINE!

I'LL TALK ABOUT IT!

Considering my strength in TRIBES was mostly Arena based (dueling, dodging, surviving), LT took everything unique and fun about light armor away from me! Sure, I could spam grenades like a magician and time a disc relatively well, but all of the straight lines and copy pasted routes made the matches somewhat unimaginative and repetitive.

I suppose my biggest gripe came down to Ctrl+K! It became the most overpowered feature in the game. An instant reset with a loadout and full health on defense from the enemy's flagstand was so BORING!

Yes, this mode required a high level of skill. Yes, there were exciting stalemates during most matches. And yes, I sucked at it because I never learned any routes in my time playing TRIBES, but I'll be damned if I was going to spend any time learning to play it well.

Minotaur was a fun T2 competition map.
Intense sweaty nuts
Plenty of folks in this one...
Flyersfan is one

A little International Competition

Blair has a ton of T2 vids
Colonel Blair - YouTube

Last edited:
Anyone else feel like no other multiplayer shooter matched Tribes 2 (or the series?) : Tribes

Ninetnine
[+1] 1 point 3 days ago
I think Tribes in a 6v6 LT format could work, add characters with abilities like Overwatch or Valorant. Have all the maps scale with the amount of players, so the same map will player differently 6v6 and 10v10, it would unlock parts of the base for base raping. It needs a good tutorial system that explains the games concepts. Make it free to play, or relatively cheap to prevent cheaters from spamming accounts, and make most of the money from skins.

also item timing in games like quake works the exact same as flag timing in tribes LT and if you can do one should be able to do the other

if you dont think cpma and quake take the same skill as tribes at high levels you are flat out wrong

:lol:
glad to see nico still has a confusing boner for me
poor guy been wanting to fuck me for 15 years

anyway, glad you liked the song and album jerry! just saw this thread and i know its devolved into stupid talking points about a 20 year old dead game literally no one gives a shit about so sorry to derail at this time

:lol:
glad to see nico still has a confusing boner for me
poor guy been wanting to fuck me for 15 years

anyway, glad you liked the song and album jerry! just saw this thread and i know its devolved into stupid talking points about a 20 year old dead game literally no one gives a shit about so sorry to derail at this time

WELL MAYBE INSTEAD OF APOLOGIZING YOU GET IT BACK ON TOPIC BY ADDRESSING YOUR RAMPANT THEFT OF MY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY?!

Back