An Honest Account

i sometimes wonder what other musical master pieces i have somehow missed out on despite seemingly everyone else knowing about them. i'm sure they are countless!

TW really needs to get someone that organizes Tribes related content for the entire forum again that is accepted by everyone. Pay fukin cyanide to do this, Fishstix, we can even script it and you have enough money to do a god damn internet podcast on tw that's actually good.

It is no fun the way it's run now where 10 doods monopolize a pu bot by being the first to spam !join and they do this for years. Pubs are non existent and on a laggy server.

Not only that but TW has an awesome governance platform with the discord and the forum and Tribes all being organized by different people so seeing it all come together could also be awesome.

I don't think Tribes should be run by a HomeLan Federation style Family only club of people, it ruins the anonymous features of the internet and the variety of people you encounter if you just start banning people and social eugenicsing. Taking in different opinions is an important part of life and I really don't like how closed off the Starsiege: Tribes discord which used to be the Tribes Talk discord has gotten. I miss mun and 2:37 posts I miss the trolls and weird meth people.

A lot of times I dont want to sit on voice chat to play a video game and I just want to veg out with music and hit midairs or cg or llama or watever.

here is my music contribution ty 4 urs

Last edited:
I was thinking about opening up my stream to all comers--sort of like how MaGiCaLGaMeS used to be!

ANYONE AND EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO STREAM ON BEHALF OF TRIBALWAR! :)

Also, I agree! Let's take TRIBES back from the oppressors.

0AXaC4e.jpg

I was thinking about opening up my stream to all comers--sort of like how MaGiCaLGaMeS used to be!

ANYONE AND EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO STREAM ON BEHALF OF TRIBALWAR! :)

Also, I agree! Let's take TRIBES back from the oppressors.

Please visit a doctor

There is almost nobody here who remebers what Tribes actually was. Just a bunch of LT fuckwits who think that's what Tribes should have been. False. Base Tribes was so god damn amazing in it's day. LT is literally the bottom of the barrel Tribes. I watched people who were so shit at Tribes all the sudden become semi ok because they could just spam nades all day and be useless and somehow their team won.

LT is not Tribes. Anyone who considers it so is a fucking moron.

Hayday 10v10 was so amazing. Most of these fuckwads have no idea. I'm playing tarkov, new world, multiple new games. But none of these take any jist of skill tribes did.

I'm trying to google to find out what LT even is

unfortunately the Play Tribes FAQ is broken

so nothing much has changed in 20 years I guess

no seriously

yes this forum exists because of tribes and yes there is still a very small tribes player base of which a few such as dare still post here. and much respect to them and to the game which is obviously a classic.

however tw lasted 20+ years not because of the tribes game but because of the so called forum whores and trolls and the community which developed peripheral and ultimately independently from the games. the forum itself is entertaining which is what brought/kept the vast majority of us here.

tw is a sports bar for a team that no longer plays. do u go to a colts bar bc it has colts signs and colors on the outside? maybe the 1st time you do but after that you're not going to keep coming back if the crowd and the service isn't good. and when the colts move town should the bar close down? idk i don't think so but there are certainly gonna be people who leave immediately and others who trickle out after that point, with nothing to draw them to this bar vs. any other.

this is nothing but the inevitable slouching of the gears of time

Do you have Sigue Sigue Sputnik's first two albums?

thanks for the rec. i listened to about half of flaunt it and it's not rly for me. for whatever reason a lot of british post punk went hard toward dance music and i've never been able to get into it.

the track "sex bomb boogie" reminded me of flipper

Last edited:
Back