Mass Effect 2

Mu -

I would like you to tell the entire development team that I bought a brand new Xbox 360 Elite just for this game.

I had the game and a modded 360 a few days before it was out - but this game is just that epic.

Much appreciated.

Spoiler

piracyisnottheft.jpg

You're a dick.

Whew. OK then. Pirate away me hearties! Must be a-ok then, since you're not REALLY stealing. It's just piracy. Although, to be honest, back in the golden age of piracy (the ship kind, not the nerd torrenting of games kind) I don't think they "copied" anything back then.

But fuck, it's just words, eh? As long as you feel quite justified (and hey, you're a poor college student with bills, no job, and living on ramen day to day) in your "piracy" (arggghhhh) then it's kosher.

And yes, I AM a DICK. A BIG FUCKING DICK. Yo Ho yo ho!

Who cares? Everyone has or still downloads music for free like its their 1776 given right. Mass Effect 2 sold 500,000 copies the first day, proving good games will still make money regardless. 59.99 for a piece of shit game with no demo is a little much for me to "go out on a limb" for. I bought ME2 just to be clear.

Then don't buy it?

Really, honestly, these arguments are tiresome and frankly stupid. The extent that people will go to justify their actions, just so sad.

But fuck, it's just words, eh? As long as you feel quite justified (and hey, you're a poor college student with bills, no job, and living on ramen day to day) in your "piracy" (arggghhhh) then it's kosher.

Actually, he lives with his parents and I am sure his mom can make some mean scrambled eggs for breakfast. He also was saying he was hoping to get a new (gaming) computer for Christmas or at least money to get one.

Actually, he lives with his parents and I am sure his mom can make some mean scrambled eggs for breakfast. He also was saying he was hoping to get a new (gaming) computer for Christmas or at least money to get one.
creepy stalker

Then don't buy it?

Really, honestly, these arguments are tiresome and frankly stupid. The extent that people will go to justify their actions, just so sad.

the extent that you guys go to to morally unjustify what others do is more sad

can we move the "buy it" vs "pirate" convo to another thread and talk more about the actual game? Or at least about Miranda's ass and low gravity boobage?

Regardless of the pirate vs buy argument, this is one game that should be purchased. Quality across the board.

One question though, how can you afford to buy all the upgrades you find at merchants? I have hacked every console, etc etc, and done every side quest I can find before
Spoiler
and there are still a few upgrades that I can't afford.

Where can I find more credits?

i was able to buy pretty much everything. I didn't bother with the fish or hamsters, but I can't imagine that would do much damage.

If you talk to the vendors before buying anything most of them will give you a discount (not that it will help much now).

i was able to buy pretty much everything. I didn't bother with the fish or hamsters, but I can't imagine that would do much damage.

If you talk to the vendors before buying anything most of them will give you a discount (not that it will help much now).

Bingo. Make sure you get the discounts, especially from the Krogans.

Yeah I got all the discounts from the vendors I could. Do you get a bigger discount going paragon or renegade? I went renegade every time. Really the ones that I can't afford are on Illium (outside of Liara's office) and on Omega. It is like 2-3 upgrades that cost 75000 a piece, and I can't afford them. Maybe I just missed some credits on different missions.

I had read somewhere to have all the upgrades in order to save everyone in the end, so I was trying to get them all.

my only bitch about the game is that is it too linear......

In what way? The actual missions, the dialogue, space exploration? I mean there is so much content, it would be difficult to pull off the Mass Effect: Grand Theft Auto. The other problem with the non-linear stuff would be trying to link together the whole trilogy.

Yeah I got all the discounts from the vendors I could. Do you get a bigger discount going paragon or renegade? I went renegade every time. Really the ones that I can't afford are on Illium (outside of Liara's office) and on Omega. It is like 2-3 upgrades that cost 75000 a piece, and I can't afford them. Maybe I just missed some credits on different missions.

I had read somewhere to have all the upgrades in order to save everyone in the end, so I was trying to get them all.

The collector ship has like 200k on it.

Spoiler

Agreed, worst member on the team, also least used. I felt the same way about Kaiden and Ashley in the first game. They're one dimensional boring characters that I actually thought were just supposed to be extras at first. They gave Miranda a personality so she was cool in my book though. Jacob was just, "Oh yea, that black guy is on the ship."

His loyalty mission:
Spoiler

Next time for the ending
Spoiler

Back