SL83's Extended and Ongoing Beer Thread

cool picture baby bew

i tried the left hand fade to black this past weekend

was vera nice. reminded me of one of my favorite beers, the Guinness foreign extra stout. can't buy it in the US. basically just a stronger Guinness. pretty sure the FTB was brewed to that exact style.

Had Allagash's Curieux last night. So fucking good.

That's my favorite Triple! Although, after having it out of the bottle I was disappointed by its blandness on tap this past winter. Not sure why it totally lacked the complexity on tap... may have been mislabeled cus I tasted no whiskey or oak.

Nice Bew! I'm excited to visit the brewery next month & grab some DarkLord for myself. Wish 3 Floyds was distro'd to MI :/

their two best beers: Dreadnaught and Gumballhead arent in that pic :p

Alpha King is the shit too, but gd if Black Sun isnt one of the most (pleasantly) surprising beers i've had in a long time

Nice Bew! I'm excited to visit the brewery next month & grab some DarkLord for myself. Wish 3 Floyds was distro'd to MI :/
I'm assuming you got tickets? I managed to get my 2 yesterday after an hour of trying to get through the order process. We get FFF here but only one store seems to carry the seasonals. I figure I'm going to stock up on whatever they have that I can't usually find when I go. I also need to stock up on some Stone once it comes out since it's only in the Chicagoland area and not here in C-U

their two best beers: Dreadnaught and Gumballhead arent in that pic :p

Alpha King is the shit too, but gd if Black Sun isnt one of the most (pleasantly) surprising beers i've had in a long time
Yeah I just put in the ones with the same background, although i just realized dreadnaught also has that same background.

I can't seem to find Fade to Black in bottles, which really pisses me off, because the bar i go to ran out about a month and a half ago, and now they're out of season. :(

definitely one of my favorite beers, along with founder's imperial stout.

warm weather is dragging me into a lot of IPAs though, and i'm starting to dig it

I'm assuming you got tickets? I managed to get my 2 yesterday after an hour of trying to get through the order process.

Well done, I missed getting tickets because I couldn't get past the payment page to finalize my order(s). I still plan on going however. :cheers:

anyone looking to trade a bottle of '10 Dark Lord? my one hookup fell through...have 07, 08, 09, looking to keep the vertical going

i'll be at dark lord day as well woohoo

i hope to trade someone in CA for a pliny the younger, just to see what everyones raving about

i'll be at dark lord day as well woohoo

i hope to trade someone in CA for a pliny the younger, just to see what everyones raving about

wont happen this long after the release, the majority of trades need setup prior to it being tapped

anyone looking to trade a bottle of '10 Dark Lord? my one hookup fell through...have 07, 08, 09, looking to keep the vertical going

I could do it. We can figure it out after the event, assuming i actually get my tickets

ok let's see what the big deal is with this nutbutter brown

dscf0067r.jpg

also picked up a few of my favorite IPA's to knock out this weekend

dscf0069u.jpg

and this one from sierra nevada which I've yet to try. Better be good for $11 a bottle

dscf0070w.jpg

strangely this beer was atop this page and didn't notice til now. I picked it up at random.

let's get drunk

Last edited:
Found an 08 bottle of Rogue Old Crustacean in the 750ml ceramic bottles. I'll cellar it for a couple more years and let the 110ibu's fade a bit.

one of the places i go to here in Indiana has like 8 of the different Rogue's in ceramic bottles and like 5 or 6 of each. i have no idea why. last time i was there i think they had an 07 of something. only ones i've had are the imperial stout and the pilsner

ergg. the bottle is gone and damn this shit packs a punch.. i looked for the alcohol content but didn't find anything. I enjoyed it.

Back