SL83's Extended and Ongoing Beer Thread

also tried KBS and it wasnt too bad... although they didnt open the taps until 2pm at the Michigan Winter Beer Festival and I was too many samples into the afternoon (it started at noon) to appreciate it :)

I went to the winter festival & mentioned it in this thread--way to let me know you were going Grung! psssssh
Took the ABC beer bus from AA & had a blast w/ the gf. $35 for trip + unlim. abc beer & coffee + donuts & bagels, was great fun!

I went to the winter festival & mentioned it in this thread--way to let me know you were going Grung! psssssh
Took the ABC beer bus from AA & had a blast w/ the gf. $35 for trip + unlim. abc beer & coffee + donuts & bagels, was great fun!

:(
I didnt pay enough attention!

I did find it funny that the biggest line of the day was for the KBS tapping... at a festival that was basically under 10 miles away from the actual brewery.

My three favorite beers there were
Darkhorse Tres Blueberry Stout
KBS
Some wheat beer that I cant remember the name of.

As for Nemesis... it looks to me as if they will be brewing one batch per year :shrug:

I had it back in December. Do not want.

Think it might be 2-3 years before its drinkable, it has potential to be pretty good...but was just way way way too sweet fresh. It made me want to brush my teeth it was so sweet.

Double Trouble is such a great underrated DIPA. Love having Sculpin readily available here, but the pricing is ridiculous.

Have you tried the Founders Devil Dancer? I only read about it today. BA notes say:

Dry-hopped for twenty-six days straight with a combination of 10 hop varieties.
112 actual IBU; although it calculates to over 200!

Have you tried the Founders Devil Dancer? I only read about it today. BA notes say:

Dry-hopped for twenty-six days straight with a combination of 10 hop varieties.
112 actual IBU; although it calculates to over 200!

its not very good, basically a bitter mess without any real flavors

Back