CLOSED BETA Information

Won't only the fanboys be actually pre-ordering and going to this lan? Kinda narrows the selection down to those already completely head over heals for this game. I'll guess I'll wait for open beta.

Nutcracker said:
Won't only the fanboys be actually pre-ordering and going to this lan? Kinda narrows the selection down to those already completely head over heals for this game. I'll guess I'll wait for open beta.

I've been to 4 of the previous 5 UVA lans, and I don't recall T:V being present at any of them.

Again... I've been trying to submit daily starting about 20 minutes after it hit the T:V page. I have gotten nothing but that error message since I started.

Its rather disheartening.

*EDIT:* I've been using IE, Avant, FireFox, and Netscrape to try and do it none of the above worked... Minutes after this post I went and tried with all of them once again just for good measure. None worked, although went through fine when I used Opera... Go figure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thrax can you please answer my question? It is going to determine if I go to TWEast.

Archaic said:
I have a question about that. I would really like to get a copy of beta, however I am not preordering the game, because me and some teammates won a tournament and all have free copies. I've been informed by the head of the tournament that Sierra has confirmed out mailing adresses and the such, so would I be able to get a copy of beta, although technically I didn't preorder?

DwarfVader said:
Again... I've been trying to submit daily starting about 20 minutes after it hit the T:V page. I have gotten nothing but that error message since I started.

Its rather disheartening.

*EDIT:* I've been using IE, Avant, FireFox, and Netscrape to try and do it none of the above worked... Minutes after this post I went and tried with all of them once again just for good measure. None worked, although went through fine when I used Opera... Go figure.
Once you've successfully submitted (like with Opera) then you won't be able to submit again. One use per email.

Archaic said:
Thrax can you please answer my question? It is going to determine if I go to TWEast.
If you bring proof that you have purchased (pre order) or have won (real proof) a copy of T:V we'll give you the beta at the LAN. Only at the LAN.

If people keep PMing me or pestering me on IRC I'll mark your records as NFW (No $#@%#$* Way).

Nutcracker said:
No.

Tribal-Wars is the social event of the season. If you've never been to one, imagine all the drama and 10x the fun of Tribalwar for a year rolled into one weekend. All the strange jokes you don't understand here? UVaLAN. Next year they'll all be from TWs. So you go for that. Then, since you're already going to be there, you pay a whopping $5 to buy a $5 off coupon on a game you're already going to buy, and you play T:V with all the rest of the people there. Then for the next three years you'll be saying things like "Remember at Tribal-Wars 1 when Horka Thane grabbed BadMoFo and threw him across the table and he landed on Colosus and they looked like they were having sex?" and "Boy, that sLaM sure is one sexy beast, too bad he plays like Marweas."

That's why you go to Tribal-Wars.

[meph]DooM! said:
Apparently something rattled poor rndm quite badly :p
No, unfortunately the SA admin thought there was going to be major drama, and so he cleared the decks. In fact, I know Rndm by real name, I just didn't know the nick. So by the time I'd chatted with him in AIM, too late thread gone. No drama. :shrug:

Thrax Panda said:

I probably wasn't clear with what I was meaning to say and I am happy you answered me. What I meant to get across was that tribes "fanboys" in general will be going to this lan and pre-ordering t:v. Now this will create a larger than average percentage of tribes players in the closed beta testing, will it not? That however may just be what you're are after, since you are essentially making the game for tribes players I guess.

In summary: I have no clue what I am talking about anymore.

Thrax Panda said:
No, unfortunately the SA admin thought there was going to be major drama, and so he cleared the decks. In fact, I know Rndm by real name, I just didn't know the nick. So by the time I'd chatted with him in AIM, too late thread gone. No drama. :shrug:

So did that dude end up getting in trouble for what he said on SA? Because if he had no business offering that then I would hope so.

Back