Did you build models as a kid?

did you store the 3,000 sq feet of models in your shop?

nah, they got destroyed in various ways. We moved around when i was a little kid, many of them died in transport. I had a spiteful little sister that i brawled with regularly and she was notorious for cleaning models off shelves and ceilings with pillows. They were just things to put together, look at for a while, then get rid of so more could take their place.

Dad and I put together a couple that he kept for a few years, like a large Cutty Sark ship and a really large Jaguar XKE, but even those ended up destroyed after a while

Modern Lego (and Technic) is bullshit, too many custom/one-off kinda parts. Yes, it might make the final model look better/smoother/whatever, but the versatility and ability to just make random stuff suffers :(

(OK, GenXer...)

I used to build models as a kid. Mostly german naval battleships like the Turpitz. My brother and I would have mock naval battles on our bedroom floor. Eventually we'd get bored with them, take them outside, pour some model glue on them, and set them on fire.

I also built the USS constitution, which was the nicest thing I built growing up.

When I joined the Air Force and lived in the barracks, I built a few fighter jets, like the F4 Phantom. I think that's the last time I touched a modeling kit. This was back around 1980.

I have thought about getting a nice top tier model ship like the HMS Victory or another Constitution, but lack of time and decrepit eyesight makes me rethink that as a waste of money.

Modern Lego (and Technic) is bullshit, too many custom/one-off kinda parts. Yes, it might make the final model look better/smoother/whatever, but the versatility and ability to just make random stuff suffers :(

(OK, GenXer...)

When I was a youngster back in the 60s, we just had the plain lego blocks. My brother and I would make old war ships (I use that term very loosely) out of the legos, pull the cannons off the top deck of the USS constitution, and also have mock naval battles with those.

We used something called imagination back then.

I built model planes and hung them from my ceiling in position.

Though I was 10 but I really liked it. I had an f4, a6, f-18,f-16 etc

I did build a few here and there as a kid, but yeah - Lego (particularly the technic stuff) was more my thing.

These days I get my pretend airplane fix from War Thunder... They're slowly slowly getting more modern stuff in there now, too.. F-4 was released a while back, there's now the F-5 (in China's lineup), A-4, A-7 (complete with Mavericks and GAU-13 pods for BRRRRT) and the Harrier in there as well, plus a whole bunch of others.

Is much fun.

I built every Aurora Monster model available, then futuristic cars and space vehicles (X-15). Then, blew them all away with my BB gun when I got older. (FUCK!) Recently, I finished a Moebius, Frankenstein with the Bride. Very neat model. Try using crack filler, sanding, primer, then Acrylic paints. Testors was great as a kid, but, with Acrylic paints you can layer and thin for incredible effects. And it is easy to clean up, or repair brush slips, etc. Check out Moebius Models.
https://www.moebiusmodels.com/

I built 10,000 models by the time I was 10 years younger than when you built 10,000 models. That extends into the womb and beyond. My models were all perfect. They could smash the fuck out of your models. My Italian Semovente tank could take out all your fucking Panzers. It won't matter. My shit > your shit.

All my decals were perfect. Paint jobs? Testers is my middle fucking name. All the girls came over to give me head while I built models.

I built 10,000 models by the time I was 10 years younger than when you built 10,000 models. That extends into the womb and beyond. My models were all perfect. They could smash the fuck out of your models. My Italian Semovente tank could take out all your fucking Panzers. It won't matter. My shit > your shit.

All my decals were perfect. Paint jobs? Testers is my middle fucking name. All the girls came over to give me head while I built models.

CLAUDE

Started with plastic models of ships and planes. Moved to balsa wood static, two line and RC planes. Finished doing ultralight indoor flyers. Quit after a family move.

Recently picked up a plastic model of the B-29 my grandfather flew in WW2. Going to practice a bit and do that one right.

My Focke-Wulf model will fly up and put your grandpas B-29 model down into the Channel. Even with one engine out. And that's all it has. Take that.

my girlfriend discovered she likes putting gundam models together so we did a few of those

then she told me she'd never had legos growing up so i got her some of the advanced lego kits and now thats her hobby

My grandma built models too. Oh yeah. She was a mega-model-manufacturing-monstrosity. She could tear the pieces off their plastic frames with her vagina. She could sand the edges with her asshole. She could assemble with her gramma titties. She would swallow paint and then cough it out to finish the job. Her favorite color? Black. And that's not even a color. Take that.

Back