Ebola: Political correctness could kill a lot of us.

Yeah, that does occur to me. When you've got this guy on Sean Hannity on display as a scientist, that did his undergrad at Oral Roberts University with a major in World Religions with a minor in chemistry, then went on to graduate school at Millburn School of Faith where he got his Ph.D. in philosophy. . yeah it does occur to me that he's a political hack.

Does it occur the same to you?

can u let go of your partisan bullshit for two seconds and wake the fuck up?

what am i saying, of course you can't

Obama had repeatedly, through his agency heads, tried to tamp down the growing public alarm over the Ebola scare. He trotted out Frieden and others, aided by some liberal media 'experts' to try and downplay the risks posed by continued flights of West Africans into the USA.

Eventually it became clear that indeed yes, one CAN get Ebola without rolling around in an Ebola victim's vomit, even sitting next to someone infected on a bus was highly dangerous, not because it was easy to catch, but because it was so fatal a disease if caught.

Two days ago, Democrat leaders and heavyweight democrat donors appealed to him to get out in front and try to salvage the sinking poll numbers of democrat candidates allied to the President. Now you can expect his handlers to suggest a beneficial timeline for him to replace Frieden, and to impose some sort of flight restrictions.

Ideally, this will occur within two weeks before the midterm elections to try and bump the polls favorably, and convince some voters that finally their rockstar President is doing something to 'save' them again.

ebola isn't even a real issue

its a real issue in liberia, where they don't have infrastructure to deal with it

in the us this is fucking childs play to contain it, its not a big deal

there's a thousand things that are more likely to kill you than ebola and the network news will cover exactly zero of them

i stand corrected.

not only will political correctness destroy us, but the sheer arrogance and stupidity of some in this country will also be a major factor.

With all the coverage you'd think ebola has killed like what, a hundred thousand people in africa, right?

nope, little over 4000 worldwide

flu kills that many people worldwide in three fucking days. Every year, kills half a million people. No one gives a shit.

Last edited:
With all the coverage you'd think ebola has killed like what, a hundred thousand people in africa, right?

nope, little over 4000 worldwide

flu kills that many people worldwide in three fucking days. Every year, kills half a million people. No one gives a shit.

2014-exponential-growth-of-ebola-update-20140917.png

ebola.gif

Last edited:
extrapolating.png

What were you trying to suggest with that chart, anyway? If that holds up, in 2 years ebola will have killed 67 billion people. Sorry, no.

Last edited:
triple trying to line fit an exponential with two data points

no wonder he doesn't understand

edit: the world is taking this shit seriously (finally) and as such I don't expect this to become a pandemic

if it was a joke, as you imply, why would we be sending troops and resources to the region? why would we be reacting the way we are with those who have it?

why you people make videos like this?

Last edited:

:rofl:

Video above brought to you by: Agenda Project / Action Fund

The Agenda Project Action Fund is a progressive policy organization dedicated to ensuring that public officials - and the policies they implement - serve regular Americans.
To accomplish our mission we tell Americans the truth - about elected officials, multi-national corporations, political parties, public policy and corruption. We aggressively challenge individuals and institutions of power that prevent public policy from serving the American people, and refute hegemonic ideas that act as the intellectual rationalization for policies that do not serve the American people.

So why didnt this progressive "truth telling" group mention the WH cutting funding?? [Their hidden message: MORE GVT, MORE MONEY]

See page 46 under Budget Estimate to Congress and then note what was authorized. http://www.cdc.gov/fmo/topic/Budget...tions_budget_form_pdf/FY2014_CJ_CDC_FINAL.pdf

Hey Vanster, why dont you explain that math. I hear you're the only one who understands it.

Anyway.

There's no doubt all media sensationalize the news. But comparing the Flu to Ebola is apples to oranges and indicates a limited grasp on transmission and lethality. Ebola's fatality rate is one of the highest of them all (especially versus influenza: List of human disease case fatality rates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and you certainly wouldnt be so cavalier about ebola if it was airborne.

A travel ban should be emplaced and new arrivals put into quarantine. I find it odd that the [strike]statists[/strike] progressives who always cry about fighting for / taking care of the people are suddenly willing to risk the lives of others.

and you certainly wouldnt be so cavalier about ebola if it was airborne.

that has literally zero chance of happening.

you're willing to put a travel ban into effect because a virus has infected TWO WHOLE PEOPLE. That's insane. You're insane.

so who is dressing up as ebola for halloweens?

friday or saturday halloween, guarantees getting laid almost on new years eve level.

The problem I have, is they still haven't said if the Ebola fluid can go through the skin.

If it's the same as the cold or flu, then they need to tell everyone

NOT TO TOUCH THEIR FACE.

But we're still not getting the answer on whether it's airborne or whether contact on any skin means you get it.

If it's like the flu, that means people are picking their nose and rubbing their eyes with their gloves on. Or they touch their face after taking off the equipment.

When did triple become a democrat mouthpiece?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Most losers are.

Think of them as the whiners who cry all the time about what is and isnt fair and live in some bizarro world of political correctness they like to call 'reality'.

The rest of us know that life isnt fair and full of challenges that define our character.

While the chance of this becoming an epidemic are slim, the option is definitely on the table. So far two people working in the hospital that Duncan was treated have contracted ebola. Hopefully, they haven't spread it to anyone else. All it would really take is an infected individual spreading it to a few more people. If the average hospital is as unprepared as the hospital in Dallas was, why would anyone expect the spread of this disease to be contained? Its clearly not spreading at an alarming rate currently, but thats the nature of the early stages of exponential growth. At some point, it could spread at an alarming rate. I think closing the borders to anyone that has recently visited an infected country is the responsible thing to do.

It's not going to spread in the states, because Americans have a better immune system.

Duncan was already dying, even if the hospital sent him home. His body was not ready to fight the virus.

Let's see what happens with Amber Vinson, who is black but grew up in America.

Back