Alec Baldwin just killed someone

Wild Bill Hickock would draw his cross draw holstered navy pistols and cock them as he aimed. He hit a couple of people from pretty far away, as they shot at him and missed.

I tried the cross draw a few times. I thought it was kind of unsafe, and stuck to a belt holster, which I was pretty quick with. Only problem I had was with the change between 4.75 and 5.5 inches. The 5.5 would snag sometimes if I switched from 4.75. I once shot the ground about 5 feet in front of where I was standing.

This is said to be how he would draw. A few different names for it. It looks awkward as hell. Said most men in the cavalry learned to draw this way.

That guy is slow. A real cross draw is from the right or left hip with the opposite hand, and it goes across the body. The gun does look like that in the holster.

What that guy is doing is called the underhand, or reverse draw. It was used quite a bit.

John Schneider from Dukes of Hazzard shows a gun similar to the one I had except mine had the old black powder frame with the screw in it and was in 44-40 Winchester.

This single action Colt can’t fire itself. - YouTube

Last edited:
There are so many YouTube videos right now of people calling out Alec Baldwin by demonstrating how his revolver can't do what he said it did...

I have a bone to pick with him ^

It wasn't "cheap replicas" that were prone to fire when the hammer was resting against a live round... it was any Colt SAA.

This get posted yet?

3xns7ou.jpg
No, but honestly didn't need to be. Anyone who has ever handled any sort of revolver in their lifetime knows how they work.

This is said to be how he would draw. A few different names for it. It looks awkward as hell. Said most men in the cavalry learned to draw this way.

This was common way back as the barrel clears the holster quicker, as the side of the holster with the barrel extends much higher for hammer protection/strap.

Apparently not, and if this all happened outside of a professional environment without expert(s), he'd be completely to blame.

I love that you're still giving him a pass on murdering someone. :lol:

Never change, Val.

Yeah, that's what happens when an expert is supposed to be the one making sure the staff who aren't experts are safe.

There would be no reason to have experts if we were dumb enough to think that lay people knew better.

Who hired and signed off on the experts?

Wouldn't that be the job of the producer... and Alex Baldwin is one of the producers of this film in addition to him being an actor starring in the same film.

Who hired and signed off on the experts?

Wouldn't that be the job of the producer... and Alex Baldwin is one of the producers of this film in addition to him being an actor starring in the same film.

not only that, but Alec (producer) basically caused a lot of the crew to walk off the set angrily before this happened, so it kind of IS his fault if he continued on without them.

Alec Baldwin Crew Walked Off Set In Protest Of Poor Work Conditions Before Shooting

Last edited:
hey guys now that the forklift safety foreman is on site i now have a pass on driving over and killing my coworkers despite my safety training.

Yeah, that's what happens when an expert is supposed to be the one making sure the staff who aren't experts are safe.

There would be no reason to have experts if we were dumb enough to think that lay people knew better.

You don't have to be an expert to know not to point a gun at people, and especially not to simultaneously pull the trigger.

Did you think this was the first time Baldwin has worked with guns on set? :lol:

Alec has stated as much on Camera during that Stephanopolus interview. Not only did he state that the "expert" spent time with him, on and off set, to go over safety and operation of the gun, but that he's had this kind of thing done on other movie sets with other experts.

He's hanging his defense on the fact that someone handed him a loaded gun, and that it malfunctioned because he didn't pull the trigger, thus it isn't his fault.

That doesn't mean it is solely his fault. Others can also be culpable, but the gun was in his specific hands and it was his direct actions that caused the fatal shooting... that is what the law is going to focus on. At least initially.

Others could be charged if it can be proven that they broke the actual law as written. It appears Baldwin may have, but I haven't seen or read any direct evidence of any one else so far... even if they acted unprofessional or straight-up stupid. Technically "stupid" isn't against the law, nor is unprofessional.

Some disgruntled union dude loaded the gun with real rounds before walking off, I'll fuckin bet $100 on it

gg :lol:

Has anyone thought to check to see if Alec Baldwin's parents bought him the gun and if so should they be arrested for involuntary manslaughter?

Back