[MEGATHREAD] Modern Warfare 2

I've seen very few non gay builds

I've seen knife builds, noob tubes, the coldblood/silencer crap

and people complaining their silencer isn't preventing the guy they're shooting at to notice? if you're that bad that the guy you're shooting at, has time, to notice where you're shooting from, turn around, and then kill you.. that's pretty bad

I've seen very few non gay builds

I've seen knife builds, noob tubes, the coldblood/silencer crap

and people complaining their silencer isn't preventing the guy they're shooting at to notice? if you're that bad that the guy you're shooting at, has time, to notice where you're shooting from, turn around, and then kill you.. that's pretty bad

So you read the last 6 or so pages? The guy "complaining" about silencers was me, and I was just curious about them.

The rest of the thread has been filled with great info on effective weapon ranges, damage falloff, damage multipliers, when to use and when not to use stopping power on various guns, kill streak reward questions and various other topics. Most of which have been fun and informative. After 40 pages or so we naturally shifted gears to the more wacky builds/loadouts one can toy with.

You have confrimation bias, what that term means is, you are looking for things that reinforce your irrational idea about the topics discussed in this thread. Anything posted that does not line up with your bias is dismissed and forgotten.

Also, fuck off.

Last edited:
anyone who uses:

bling
thumper
grenade launcher
claymore
c4
m16
stinger
akimbo
semtex
riot shield
silencer
red dot
SCAR
1877 shotgun

or any combination of the above, is cheesy

since when is using cold blooded and silencer is a gay gimmick build?

I'm sure i'm biased, since almost nothing was allowed in comp in cod 4, but I still think that those would be inferior builds and not help you get better

just relying on not being seen and catching people by surprise instead of being able to win a fight seems inferior

considering there's a kill cam and other than TDM and defense on SD 'hiding' isn't a real viable strategy, I don't see how useful this can be for people

on the other hand, you could take stopping power and counter uav.. which lasts quite a while, helps the whole team and can't be shot down.. only thing that can counter that is an emp, which is rare

I did use those builds in cod 4 to level up headshots quickly, by just walking up behind people and assassination style shooting them, but I wouldn't want a build that basically makes me avoid any encounters where people know where I am

Obviously I wasn't the only one thinking this from reading this thread

Last edited:
When I bash someone in the face with a riot shield on domination as they uselessly empty magazines into the center of it (when will they learn?) I'm sure they think it's a cheap tactic. But it's effective for now so I will keep doing it :D

the shield's pretty limited, but for getting that first B capture, it's nice

I've started doing that on first spawn too, noob tubes and grenades still hurt, but works most of the time

This game really is turning gay. I started to tolerate the akimbo shotguns, the knifing, now people are running around with lightweight and the javelin firing it at the ground killing 5 people at a time.

has anyone found akimbo useful?

I tried it on the mp5, but lowering the accuracy of hip fire and not being able to scope seemed to be way too high a price

Back