[MEGATHREAD] Modern Warfare 2

Maybe it's just psychological bias but when I use a silencer I don't really notice any obvious benefit, people I shoot at tend to turn and shoot back just as frequently as with no silencer even tho they are not getting a map ping directly to me as I fire. Is there a trick (perks or styles of play) to using them more effectively? From the way people talk about it they become untraceable ninja killing machines with a silencer, not so much luck when I try it :)

The person getting shot still finds you due the screen showing you the direction damage came from. Silencer stops you from showing up on the map, which lets other people find you (usually distracted because you're shooting at someone else).

oh. i've been going for their feet. i figure if they're missing a few toes they'll fall down, and maybe break their neck.

well played :)

I keep finding myself upstairs... looking at this thread... then I have to walk downstairs because it makes me want to play... then after a few hours I'm back upstairs checking this thread... then I have to walk downstairs...

I can't decide between the ACR with a red dot or the M16 with an ACOG

I like bling, but I feel as if Sleight of Hand is an incredibly more beneficial perk.

I can't decide between the ACR with a red dot or the M16 with an ACOG

I like bling, but I feel as if Sleight of Hand is an incredibly more beneficial perk.

I enjoy the ACR. I get way less headshots with it though for some reason. Spray and pray!

What button layouts (360) are people using? I keep forgetting to look at the different options. I know when using my knife layout at least, it'd be nice to have a button for knife...not pushing RS.

What button layouts (360) are people using? I keep forgetting to look at the different options. I know when using my knife layout at least, it'd be nice to have a button for knife...not pushing RS.

The RS melee click has been surprisingly effective for me, maybe 1 in 50 times I go to knife someone but push the control stick too hard resulting in a premature swing and forcing me to die an embarrassing death as I swipe at the air and catch a bullet to the face for my (runonsentencelol) trouble.

The other 49 times it's a nice satisfying silent kill.

Im iching to play with my SCAR some more. gotta wait till the 'sick' wife gets her butt in bed!

I think ill stick to the SCAR until I unlock the M16 or ACR.

I do miss having the RDS and Silencer but with the SCAR's limited ammo and my el33t missing skills, I burn through ammo to fast and then waste time looking for a new weapon and wind up meleeing the air and dying. Scavenger fixes all that, except losing my blingdom!

if i recall correctly, the difference between the 2 button layouts flip the stabby stab button with crouch/prone

thats it. i play tactical (b is melee) cuz thats what it was in halo/gears and those are the console fps' i played on the 360 first

I enjoy the ACR. I get way less headshots with it though for some reason. Spray and pray!

I find I don't get headshots with it because I'm use to starting at their chest and walking the recoil up to their face. Instead I start shooting at their chest and it just stays there because it has almost has no recoil to worry about.

tactical was better in cod4 because you could drop shot instantly and out shoot people

not really all that better in this game cause you die so fucking fast. gl hitting the ground fast enough to out shoot 1887s :lol:

Back