[Plastic Bag Ban] Gaining support in California

and there is a retail cost to put trash in the landfill, im sure the companies pay a wholesale fee but this is transfered to the end user.

I do know that the state doesn't do anything to service my plastic bag use that warrants a $25 million invoice.

How much space do you think 500 used plastic bags take up? How much effort to haul, sort, and properly handle those 500 bags? What about 760 bags? Cause those numbers mean 760 bags are disposed for every dollar of that 25 million. Do you really think you could handle almost 800 used bags for less than a buck? times 25 million? 19 billion bags a year don't add to the load on waste management? really? are you dense?

How much space do you think 500 used plastic bags take up? How much effort to haul, sort, and properly handle those 500 bags? What about 760 bags? Cause those numbers mean 760 bags are disposed for every dollar of that 25 million. Do you really think you could handle almost 800 used bags for less than a buck? times 25 million? 19 billion bags a year don't add to the load on waste management? really? are you dense?

Yeah i think i could handle 800 used bags for less than a buck, if i was currently handling all other trash in the area, I could probably even turn a profit at that volume and cost. I mean 1,000 bags would not be a large or difficult sum to deal with and would have a very small footprint.

Like i said, end users do pay for their dumping.

Burn what you can collect resin in filters..add resin to resin blocks...melt resin blocks into plastics polys and composites....wait we do that already..recycling...mabe the wate management companies should clean up their own sites because we already PAY them to pick up trash and take it so People have already fulfilled their obligation. Its now up to the waste management companies to deal with it. And its up to regulations to enforce that.

Yeah i think i could handle 800 used bags for less than a buck, if i was currently handling all other trash in the area, I could probably even turn a profit at that volume and cost. I mean 1,000 bags would not be a large or difficult sum to deal with and would have a very small footprint.

:ftard:

Burn what you can collect resin in filters..add resin to resin blocks...melt resin blocks into plastics polys and composites....wait we do that already..recycling...mabe the wate management companies should clean up their own sites because we already PAY them to pick up trash and take it so People have already fulfilled their obligation. Its now up to the waste management companies to deal with it. And its up to regulations to enforce that.

yes its all so simple

Environmental groups said only 5 percent of the bags are recycled, a figure the plastics industry disputes.
What a reliable fact! Opinions from the two groups who have a substantial stake in the fate of plastic bags.

Seatbelt laws are designed to save costs for insurance companies (which didnt translate into any savings for consumers) and to add a revenue stream for local police departments. It has nothing to do with hospitals or helping people and you would have to be ignorant to think it does.

That would mean bringing them to my car after every use and i would forget, i forget lots of things. So i use plastic bags because i'm a paying customer and the burden isn't (and shouldn't be) on me to remember my bags.

Seatbelt laws are a massive cost-saving factor for police. With the exception of really rare freak accidents, people do not die while wearing their seatbelts: my LEO friends have worked a lot of fatalities, and not yet have they seen a dead person who was wearing a belt.

Do you know how much it costs us to deal with fatal and serious car accidents? The additional hours spent by the police add up to ridiculous quantities, and we pay for, much of it overtime.

I agree with you that it wouldn't cost much to turn a profit on 1000 bags compared to 800 bags.

The difference is you are not a publically based entity with pensions, health insurance, ect.

Back