Did I do this right?

jAUYQow.jpg

cSKDDav.jpg

E8npUbI.jpg

Drywall champion 2017

Woulda been way cooler had the god damned hvac duct not been there and I coulda made the window the right size. Regardless it’s a awesome feature and much better than blank wall. I think I’ll hang some cabinets on the wall to gain some extra storage. The extra 6ft of counter space will be super sweet it’s a really small kitchen. Do I paint or laminate the wood top? I’m going to round off the protruding corner to match the arch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
it's funny b/c i hate renovation trends (remember 10 years ago when ppl thought everything should have 15 ton slabs of granite glued on it? now u kno a place is a cheapskate shithole apartment w/ meth lab neighbors and monthly rent at 3.5x what it should be if it's got granite countertops) and the "open concept" is the latest in that line

but the hecklers r rite

u rly should have opened it up more bigly

o well #StayStrong!

Gotta fuck with the dick ya got!!

Still got the recessed light to toss in the window arch also.

Does anyone know if laminating plywood is a good thing to do yourself or can it be cheaply hired out?

Are painted countertops a real thing?

I built a laundry table and painted it and it looks fine. I think hi gloss white....

Last edited:
I would have finished off the sanding and paint at least undercoat before you made it much more difficult by sticking a shelf there

but GG - enjoy hand sanding fiddly corners

I'm going to mud in the edges of the wood top so its flush against the wall. I'm not stressing about finishing a 3ft space under a counter top. I need everything in final shape so I can do paint stage all at one time.

Last edited:
Caulk (latex, not silicone) the corners. It's flexible and paintable.

Then again, you've ignored all other good advice, so just keep on truckin' and good luck.

So to answer your Post Title - the general consensus appears to be "NO"

Maybe you should edit the title to say "I'm doing all this shit and I don't care what anyone advises or thinks about it"

but at least it is content other than Trump or Gay stuff

Oh, and have fun with the silicosis from all that drywall dust.

That’s gypsum not silica, silica is the silicosis worry. Silica is what plasters use to get that sandlike texture. What sucks is when your carrying a bag a silica and the bag gets a tiny hole. Like sand through an hourglass everyone will know where you went

Ok so we all agree the op sucks at life

I think I'm pretty good with drywall etc but I do want to ask, out of those who do it on their own, do you do a wet swipe with a towel in between coats or do you just sand and move on?

jAUYQow.jpg

cSKDDav.jpg

E8npUbI.jpg

Drywall champion 2017

Woulda been way cooler had the god damned hvac duct not been there and I coulda made the window the right size. Regardless it’s a awesome feature and much better than blank wall. I think I’ll hang some cabinets on the wall to gain some extra storage. The extra 6ft of counter space will be super sweet it’s a really small kitchen. Do I paint or laminate the wood top? I’m going to round off the protruding corner to match the arch.

Where are the pictures bro?

Back