Do you support the minimum wage hike to $15 an hour?

Do you?

• Total voters
Im watching one of those shows where a white person goes into an inner city home to fix it for a poor black family and the home is ruined because of abject neglect.

This is a metaphor for the state of our union.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Pimp my ride for homes

works about as well as pimp my ride for cars did

all end up being sold for a quick profit (on work they didn't do).....or go back to being complete shit in no time.

It's almost like this is how it got to be so bad in the first place?

Who said any of those things? Of course the rich and powerful run shit, they always have and always will. My fucking point you stoned douche is that throwing money at poor people doesn't fucking change anything. Successful people are successful before and after they have money. Simply giving people shit doesn't change their fucking IQ or their upbringing. If you want to chanhe the shitty parts of America you have to stary more personal and culturally. Blowing up thebeconomy by doubling the minimum wage isn't going to fucking do anything in the long run for these people. Awesome they can buy an extra pair of Nikes every month now, form the fucking parade. Shits no different anywhere else in the world, rich people run shit and enjoy the fruits of everyone else, welcome to the human existence. 8f you're tired of the shit become one of the 1%. That was my entire original point, none of you dumb fucks would give a shit about any of this if you had the power and cash these guys do. You're all just a bunch of whiny bitches who want the world to be unicorns and rainbow fucking sherbert. It's not, either be a wolf or shut the fuck up.

well this is at least an improvement i guess :)

it's like a change from being a sheep, to being a dog that's rolling over and exposing it's belly in submission

i'm a realist, i don't expect unicorns and free blowjobs. all that i said itt was that it'd be nice if we could legislate against big business having the kind of power and influence that basically fucks over the entire world to further cement their own wealth and control...AND i also said that i know it'll never happen (bc im a realist)

only reason i was ranting at you is because...well...you continually post dumb shit that makes you seem completely clueless

Here's my deal

Is it possible for both groups to be greedy?

I hate to sound all Malthusian but these realities aren't mutually exclusive.

Same went for Unions and Corps just a few decades back.

Corps win unions don't exist.....unions fucked

Union wins corp goes out of business.....becomes like GM

Too many fucking people......

yeah man i'm totally with ya

as a realist you have to understand that the problem is that humans are all basically greedy ruthless cunts and we're doomed as a species

but sometimes i get all idealist and think 'what if...' :)

Last edited:
Warbuddha, i cant ever be one of the 1%, my conscious prevents me from knowingly slitting throats of good people to squeeze every red cent from a company.

My company would be fair and balanced, hard work and production rewarded first and foremost, the company would be as much the employees as it is mine.

A ceo could wager a 10k bet on his golf game while the guy mopping the floor of his office cant afford diapers. I could never stomach that guilt.

I guess you and i will never see eye to eye on this.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
uhoh lil guy is mad

tell u what get a job and people will stop laughing at u
I probably make more than you, but having employees I'm sure my future is brighter than yours. I support a min wage hike to $15/hr for large companies.

You're probably at the lower end of the eco scale and feel threatened by burger flippers earning near what you earn. Get over the envy bro.

You realize that to be in the 1% you only need to make roughly 150-200k a year right? Which is pretty easy to do without sucking the blood out of people.

It would mean businesses would be less likely to do that because employing someone full time without minimum wage could potentially cost less than minimum wage + forced benefits.

Eliminating minimum wage would decrease unemployment and increase full time employment.
Every time Reggs explains something he gains a few more converts: those convinced that he's an idiot.

I probably make more than you, but having employees I'm sure my future is brighter than yours. I support a min wage hike to $15/hr for large companies. You work at some mindless job? Gosh damn that's a skill too.

You're probably at the lower end of the eco scale and feel threatened by burger flippers earning near what you earn. Get over the envy bro.

You realize that to be in the 1% you only need to make roughly 150-200k a year right? Which is pretty easy to do without sucking the blood out of people.

not quite, i got a 100k offer to be a BMW tech in San Fran but the salary comparator said that it'd be a lateral move from where I'm from so........ya, 100k in San Fran pretty average. Try again ,its cute.

LOL this sandwich artist got called the fuck out. Look at this piece of shit.
I make more than you, but having employees I'm sure my future is brighter than yours. I support a min wage hike to $15/hr for large companies. You work for government shut the fuk up.

You're probably at the lower end of the eco scale and feel threatened by burger flippers earning near what you earn. Get over the envy bro and you won't get angry about an issue that only effects your burger cost.

not quite, i got a 100k offer to be a BMW tech in San Fran but the salary comparator said that it'd be a lateral move from where I'm from so........ya, 100k in San Fran pretty average. Try again ,its cute.

Yes because 100k in San Fran is like 40k everywhere else. You make 200k in Florida you are probably in the top 1-2%.

yes i believe $10 max should be min wage. if you dont want to be poor then be good at something that pays and stop getting degrees in Greek Literature
OH great, now everyone will be getting a BComm.

Here in Canukistan about 40% of people have a degree. And while there are more BA's, and useless degrees, there's surely many more Bcom's, tech degrees etc.

I make more than you, but having employees I'm sure my future is brighter than yours. I support a min wage hike to $15/hr for large companies. You work for $17 and hour with a shitty low level degree from a third string university. I understand your angst.

You're probably at the lower end of the eco scale and feel threatened by burger flippers earning near what you earn. Get over the envy bro and you won't get angry about an issue that only effects your burger cost.

As someone who has gone to college and continuously learned more skills since for the sole purpose of earning more money in a capitalist economy as opposed to asking the government to force people to pay me more, I can't sympathise at all.

This is America. Anyone can make more than minimum wage and work their way up to a earning a livable wage with just a bit of effort. If someone can't the problem is with them, not the system.
learned the paper shredder - check
learned that the whiter I am the better I am - check
learned how to fax to international destinations - check
learned what body sprays are least offensive - check
learned to clean up after myself - check

"continuous learnings" :lol:

Not just no, but FUCK NO.

The minimum wage exists to protect employees from abusive wage practices. It does not exist to ensure a "living wage" (or whatever the buzzword is now) for unskilled and transitional labor. Go fuck yourself.
I'd comment on this, but it could lead to a tweak driven angst of neg repping for a few years. As such I'll decline.

Burger, haircuts and grass cutting going to cost more? Boohoo. Do it yourself.

A living wage isn't possible with globalization. The bigger businesses are just going to ship jobs off overseas, automate them, or fire their current staff and replace them with shit wage H1Bs. The small business people are going to drown if they aren't allowed to file for a waiver.
True, as a process of bringing more wealth to the bottom we will have to end freek trade and many globalist Jew things.

But I'd like to point out that the majority of min wage jobs are in the service sector as such freek trade will have little bearing.

SanFran just passed a law saying that new parents get 6 weeks off of work. 55% paid by the taxpayers and 45% paid for by the business.

Also, they have had a $15 for some time and don't allow any big box retailers in the city and have some of the highest unemployment in America.

True but after several years as new parents in San Francisco they can move to a cheaper place to live only a few hundred thousand dollars in debt instead of the standard ten thousand like everyone else.

McDonald's Tests Self-Serve McCafe Coffee Kiosk

CfTcUvkWIAEtPFA.jpg

Yeah, I don't know why anyone on TW should care one way or another. Are you getting all worked up because you think "the poors" are going to take your money? Or has corporate America really brainwashed you so much that you actually think they'd all really pack up and leave the country (a country that works more hours than the majority of other countries)? :confused:
itt a lot of people here feel threatened by grass cutters making $15/hr.

Who do the service industry workers work for? Some are for people who make enough money that it isn't cost effective for them to do these tasks themselves.

Does this only apply to mega corps though?

I have been reading the CA proposal, that just passed, and it appears to apply to everyone working inside the state.

If this was used to level the playing field between Wal-Mart and say some small mom and pop grocery....I could see a more altruistic argument to all this.

But I don't see that anywhere in either piece of legislation (CA or NY)

So this isn't going to level the playing field as much as further ensure that only certain entities are going to be able to afford to pay anyone to work for them.

Correct me where I'm wrong here.

Back