[UK] Stuff to see and do

Right Rugby, my area now.

If you want to see a good game of rugby, The Newport Gwent dragons are the best to watch. They are a shit team, and know their shit. But they have amazing vocal support, and they play some pretty entertaining rugby. You know the score is going to be big one way or the other. They are also pretty knowledgeable fans. It would be best to watch them play against another Welsh team. That was you get a good deal of banter between the fans, and the abuse the ref receives will have you in stitches

If you want to see a football match, I suggest you go to watch Swansea City play. Cardiff are the more entertaining team and generally a great team to watch, but they have a few problems with hooligans(something rugby doesn't have). Football fans are assholes. You cannot talk to a football fan outside of the match. Where as in rugby, you will find people willing to talk about absolutely anything in the pubs afterward. Hell some of them will teach you the game. It's a completely different culture.

As for drinking, the best places to go are the pubs that are generally out of the way.

a) you don't get assholes in there
b) You don't get chavvy cunts in there
c) the local ales and cider are great
d) the food is actually cooked, and not micro-waved

Only downside is, they are usually quite expensive. I suggest hitting up some of the pubs at Rest Bay, Porthcawl. Great pubs, on the sea front and friendly people.

Sight seeing, cardiff is full of shit that you will like. Shopping is pretty good in Cardiff or Swansea.

I'd bypass any Valleys, Bridgend( I live here) , Neath, Port Talbot, Because they are shitholes.

Don't go anywhere outside of Newport as a tourist, Stick to the center!. IF you end up in Pil(like a suburb within newport), you are in serious trouble, and no i'm not joking.

If you need any info on Wales send me a PM.

Last edited:
but they have a few problems with hooligans(something rugby doesn't have). Football fans are assholes. You cannot talk to a football fan outside of the match.

yup

kinda hard to be a hooligan when everyone around you is a brick shithouse with their kids around

rugby matches/crowds may look tuff but they're the sorta tuff that doesnt need to fight

al'muk basically looks, drinks, smokes and dresses like a tramp - i say this with all :heart:

one time i was at oxford train station saying farewell to him as he waited for his train back to cov, he was sitting on the floor on the platform and someone threw him a quid

anyway surely we should direct Grungir to a traditional english pub type venue rather than fucking wetherspoons, jesus wept

this actually happened.

I was like oh thanks lady 0_o while coombzy stood laughing

he is a very kind, polite, well spoken and intelligent chap though

i think the image is just to blend in on the mean streets of cov

yup, most people wont mug a derelict

I think you forgot scouse and manc scum

HEY! Don't lump us good, respectable (lol) Mancs in with the scum of the earth scousers!

Weatherspoons is mainly an old persons pub back home (so friendlier), the youngest people I ever see in there (not including myself) would be 30 somethings or late 20s.

I can't think of any traditional pubs off the top of my head, but cardiff should have a fair few of them.

I usually tend to frequent biker/metal bars instead as they usually have a better atmosphere, but they aren't usually that friendly to tourists.

If you need any info on Wales send me a PM.

You're in the swansea area too? I didn't realise there were any TWers that close to me o_O

Last edited:
Didn't read the last 3 pages, but the cider stuff is interesting. I left the UK 12 years ago but rememeber fondly the college days when the cider of choice was called Diamond White. 8% of sheer alcoholic brutality, and cheap as chips. Do they just change the name every 3 years to avoid the regular bans?

Also, ITT: Muktard is proud of looking like a fucking tramp. Wish I was you Muk....................errrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............................NOT.

Didn't read the last 3 pages, but the cider stuff is interesting. I left the UK 12 years ago but rememeber fondly the college days when the cider of choice was called Diamond White. 8% of sheer alcoholic brutality, and cheap as chips. Do they just change the name every 3 years to avoid the regular bans?

yeah, pretty much

also, you'd look like a fuckin tramp after a 2 week X and coke and pot drunken bender, so fuck you buddy

I am proud champion of the proletariat

what of it

you can borrow my 3month-worn socks pal

See what I mean. Gramps would be so proud that he fought in the trenches to enable you to be a fucking fully paid up fucking wino.

Also: Coventry

he didnt fight in the trenches, he had a celebrated career in the national service training corps as the go-to sergeant for unruly scumbags that didnt want to be in the service anyway (for instance he's very familiar with the old 'drink a litre of gin and make yourself fail the fitness test' method and the ways to revive the poor sods afterwards)

he's not 120 ffs

and eh man I'm an artist, so wino is sort of redundant

least I'm not a fuckin cuckold :brows:

HEY! Don't lump us good, respectable (lol) Mancs in with the scum of the earth scousers!

actually, I was lumping the scouse in with the scum of the earth mancs

trollface.png

Back