[Official] GoT S5 Thread

littlefinger taught sansa to play the game. e.g: kill the boy. (kill the girl also)

she knew that ramsay is a fuck and also knew that this was a play she would have to make at some point or another. I think its safe to say that the books have been flushed down the toilet and we're about to see a development in Sansa's story line not yet seen.

My interpretation of the savagery of the rape is to reinstate our somewhat forgotten hatred towards Ramsay (what horrible things has he done recently?). This will instill a greater satisfaction when he gets his anûs plowed by Stannis. Sansa's initial investment will have great returns.

The neo fem movement has boycotted this show

A show where most women are regulated to child factories and worse

yeah I can't believe how many people are pissed off about sansa being raped. Are you guys really surprised? If so, do you watch game of thrones? How could not know that was going to happen, honestly

My interpretation of the savagery of the rape is to reinstate our somewhat forgotten hatred towards Ramsay (what horrible things has he done recently?). This will instill a greater satisfaction when he gets his anûs plowed by Stannis. Sansa's initial investment will have great returns.

No one fucking forgot, everyone that watches the show remembers how fucking awful most people and the world are. That is the major fucking complaint here, it is getting tiresome and the show runners are showing to either think the audience is retarded and needing reminders of the brutality of the world, or they don't understand that reinforcing the brutality of the world can be a fucking subtle thing at this point.

It is fucking boring watching Sansa get continually tortured and this scene destroyed almost any agency for her own fate she had shown to this point, returning her to a role of being a wet blanket that gets shit on constantly.

Scalzi is kind of a sanctimonious ass most of the time, but still this seemed well thought out:
Something To Think About Before Writing That "Edgy" Rape Scene

I think at this point, Arya is the only character who hasn't been killed or horribly maimed in some way. I don't know why people are flipping their shit over another character joining those ranks.

I don't remember there being this much outrage over Theon getting his dick cut off, or any outrage for that matter.

I think at this point, Arya is the only character who hasn't been killed or horribly maimed in some way. I don't know why people are flipping their shit over another character joining those ranks.

It only annoys me because it seemed so pointless, neither Sansa or Theon need motivation to hate the Boltons. Sansa growing some balls and taking action could be interesting, her being an object for torture and being saved by fucked up people has been done enough. Learn a new trick for the narrative already.

Also the shitty Sand Snakes, Jaime and Bronn fight choreography that felt like something out of Xena or Hercules, leading into an obvious and boring rape scene ending just make the episode annoying.

An aside why the fuck do the Sand Snakes get so much god damn love from people? They did shit in the books and have done shit on the show, yet book readers tend to love them for some reason.

Just give me fucking Strong Belwas ffs.

If Ramsay made Sansa sign a contract first women would be paying $400m to see a movie about it.

i bet arya/cat of the canals/mercy gets fucked by meryn trant (aka the show version of the mercy storyline, not the mercy dialogue) and then kills him

I bet they have her see Meryn and push him into the canal fully armored instead of Daeron of the Night's Watch.

As well as Sir Rafford the Sweetling getting cut and pushed into the canal in the book. Meryn Trants goes to Braavos with Highgarden and meets Arya in disguise. "Any boy whore with a sword could beat three Meryn Trants."

We'll have to see if that's true.

Last edited:
on thinking about it the only part that bothered me about the sansa thing is she never spoke up or said no. not about theon being her father stand-in, or him watching her and ramsay, she never said anything she just accepts it. same as tommen. fuck them both, i hope tommen gets raped too

not only is that in the books, but its worse in the books

jaime rapes cersei on the altar with joffrey rotting next to her... while shes on her period.

Jesus, What are you talking about? You clearly haven't read the books. Who told you this? Go read the book.

The problem is its more rape where there was none originally. The show just didn't need more rape especially of one of the main characters.

Yet nobody really cares that it's more torture for Theon.

I think he has gotten off pretty light in the torture realm compared to the books. The show can't really touch on the long term mental breakdown that is depicted in the books.

And still the main beef is adding rape to characters who aren't raped in the books. So not only is rape a touch subject to depict on TV without upsetting people, rape where it isn't really necessary or needed will obviously upset even more people.

Really my only beef so far with changes made of book vs series. I've never really appreciated having to sit through rape scenes fictional or not.

Back