Wisconsin Labor Rally Pictures

I don't think you're being greedy. I think you're being whiny assholes and I disagree with what you're doing.

After 13 years of busting my ass at my job, I get let go due to the recession. 60 and 70 hour weeks, excellent reviews, promotions - boom, gone.

$100k/year for my family of 4 to $0. It was a "very real issue". Try coming home and telling your wife and kids that. I bitched to my friends for about 10 minutes. Then I got up and started to look for a new job.

The result -
$30,000 pay cut
2 weeks less vacation
$600 per month increase in insurance

If I was going to bitch about it, I'd bitch about it here. I might have posted about it once or twice, maybe not at all, I don't even remember. I was busy looking for a job and trying to stay positive for my family.

Now I see gov't workers - the people who have suffered the absolute least due to the recession - pissing and moaning on the news night after night after night...

Here's what I think:

Fuck you and your measly ass 6% pay cut
Fuck you and your $20,000 - $35,000 insurance packages
Fuck you and your pension that you contribute virtually nothing to
Fuck you and your retirement age of 56
Fuck you and your 3 months off a year
Fuck you for being totally insulated from the recession for 3 years
Fuck you for never having to worry about losing your job even if you totally suck at it
Fuck you for being whiny douche bags cluttering up my TV and internet night after night

In the end, I have confidence in myself. I will overcome this as I have every other obstacle in my life. You guys can keep sucking the government's dick. I'll be kicking ass and making my own way in this world.

What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do. I'll be doing, you guys can just keep bitching.

As a government employee, I applaud your honesty. I would like to add that only Police and Fire (the ones still protected) get that sweet a deal. I agree with you 100% on Fuck you points 7 and 8.

In fact our Police got a raise as they laid people in other departments off and we got a cut. They said the Police budget would balance then a natural disaster happens and police overtime goes through the roof. We are all really curious to see how it turns out for them next year.

We're sure to have layoffs this year. The result is going to be my co worker losing his job, and the person I replaced coming back. The problem was she was put into a cubicle to do nothing, because of rampant incompetence, and sexual harassment complaints to counter attempts at firing her. The guy who we lose has 3 degrees and is one of the smartest guys I've ever met.

Due to senority most of our talent will be gone. We're in IT and our senior guys have no incentive to keep up.

A lot of the stereotypes in government only apply to a small amount of people, the job security was nice and our pension retires us at 68 with 100% (which I guess is okay) but I've also turned down better paying private sector jobs. Had I left I'd be in the same boat as you.

Am I pro union? Well I get excellent reviews, do good work, and everyone loves me, I don't really need the union, and they don't need me. They need people like the girl above to justify their existence.

The economy is in the shitter and everyones fucked, some less than others.

Last edited:
These people saying $30k/year teachers need less and $30Million/year bankers need more are truly mental.

the average teacher salary in wisconsin is 47k and that doesn't include potentially the best benefits in the US.

And no one is saying the jew bankers need more of our money.

I would have to say fuck Unions as well and here is why?

I supervised a Union shop for 6 years, i had 10 mechanics under me and 4 of these mechanics were useless as tits on a bull, always complaining about there pay "21 a hour" to fix small recycling machine parts for these....

tomravendingmachine.jpg

I wrote up 2 of these fucks cause they were caught sleeping when i came in at 5am...."oh im gonna get my shop rep and union rep cause we were not sleeping"

Result: they got to keep there job and resume work as normal

I showed up again after setting up the new camera to over look the shop and what do i see in the video? The same two clowns fucking with the camera and aiming it away....NP cause i had a second camera watching as they did that.

Result: both suspended without pay until further notice....4 weeks of meetings with the fag Union guy and my boss arguing with each other....the next day i walk in and these two fuck sticks are back at there table....fixing parts again.

i had 2 temps in there place that worked circles around these assholes and they got to come back to work to only repair 3-4 parts a day vs my two temps repairing 10 parts a day for 12.50 a hour.

like i said Fuck union workers and i hope companys do away with them period.

As a government employee, I applaud your honesty. I would like to add that only Police and Fire (the ones still protected) get that sweet a deal. I agree with you 100% on Fuck you points 7 and 8.

In fact our Police got a raise as they laid people in other departments off and we got a cut. They said the Police budget would balance then a natural disaster happens and police overtime goes through the roof. We are all really curious to see how it turns out for them next year.

We're sure to have layoffs this year. The result is going to be my co worker losing his job, and the person I replaced coming back. The problem was she was put into a cubicle to do nothing, because of rampant incompetence, and sexual harassment complaints to counter attempts at firing her. The guy who we lose has 3 degrees and is one of the smartest guys I've ever met.

Due to senority most of our talent will be gone. We're in IT and our senior guys have no incentive to keep up.

A lot of the stereotypes in government only apply to a small amount of people, the job security was nice and our pension retires us at 68 with 100% (which I guess is okay) but I've also turned down better paying private sector jobs. Had I left I'd be in the same boat as you.

Am I pro union? Well I get excellent reviews, do good work, and everyone loves me, I don't really need the union, and they don't need me. They need people like the girl above to justify their existence.

The economy is in the shitter and everyones fucked, some less than others.

Nice post. Gov't unions are in about the same phase as private unions. They initially helped get reasonable pay and benefits, while now they just help protect the idiots.

I think firemen and police could stand a cut too but it won't happen.

Firemen may have the sweetest deal of all with their schedules. My friend's brother is a fireman in Chicago - they work 81 days/ year. Of course they're asleep for 1/4 - 1/3 of it. I think the avg Chicago firemen pension is $60k and they can retire in the early 50's if I remember the stats correctly.

Friend of the family was fire chief AT THE AIRPORT. Two safety drills a year and respond to any medical emergencies in the airport. Theoretically if a house next to the airport was on fire, they would not respond - airport fire & safety only.

Retired at 62 with $65k guaranteed for life courtesy of the taxpayer.

the average teacher salary in wisconsin is 47k and that doesn't include potentially the best benefits in the US.

And no one is saying the jew bankers need more of our money.

Walker says he wants state workers covered by collective bargaining agreements to “contribute more” to their pension and health insurance plans. Accepting Gov. Walker’ s assertions as fact, and failing to check, creates the impression that somehow we're getting something extra, a gift from taxpayers. We ain't. Out of every dollar that funds Wisconsin’ s pension and health insurance plans for state workers, 100 cents comes from the state workers.

The pension plan is the direct result of deferred compensation- money that employees would have been paid as cash salary but choose, instead, to have placed in the state operated pension fund where the money can be professionally invested (at a lower cost of management) for the future.

I don't like how unions protect some of their members but I'm glad they're around to fight for better wages and benefits.

I would have to say fuck Unions as well and here is why?

I supervised a Union shop for 6 years, i had 10 mechanics under me and 4 of these mechanics were useless as tits on a bull, always complaining about there pay "21 a hour" to fix small recycling machine parts for these....
Result: they got to keep there job and resume work as normal
i had 2 temps in there place that worked circles around these assholes and they got to come back to work to only repair 3-4 parts a day vs my two temps repairing 10 parts a day for 12.50 a hour.

like i said Fuck union workers and i hope companys do away with them period.

I learned the difference between there, their, and they're in elementary school. But I suppose that was just union propaganda from my unionized public school teachers, right?

And if your management couldn't get a "sabotaging company equipment is grounds for termination" clause into the collective bargaining agreement, your management is incompetent.

if teachers want to get paid more they should crack a book and graduate from harvard business and work on wallstreet like myself

Walker says he wants state workers covered by collective bargaining agreements to “contribute more” to their pension and health insurance plans. Accepting Gov. Walker’ s assertions as fact, and failing to check, creates the impression that somehow we're getting something extra, a gift from taxpayers. We ain't. Out of every dollar that funds Wisconsin’ s pension and health insurance plans for state workers, 100 cents comes from the state workers.

The pension plan is the direct result of deferred compensation- money that employees would have been paid as cash salary but choose, instead, to have placed in the state operated pension fund where the money can be professionally invested (at a lower cost of management) for the future.

Total Compensation Estimator

This is for a UW worker and maybe it's different than yours, but their pension is $57 state dollars for ever employee $1.

Annual Cost of Benefits Estimate

Based on expected annual salary of $47,000.00

Health Insurance State - $28,735.20
Health Insurance Employee - $5,652.00

Retirement State - $5,358.00
Retirement Employee - $94.00

Social Security/Medicare State - $3,595.50
Social Security/Medicare State - $2,655.50

Estimate of the Value of Your Total Compensation - $84,689

This is for a UW worker and maybe it's different than yours, but their pension is $57 state dollars for ever employee $1.

You missed Vanster's point - those $57 could have been paid directly to the employee instead of a pension plan, at no extra cost to the employer. (After all, why does the employer care if it goes to a pension or directly to the employee?) So the teachers made a choice to take lower take home pay in return for a bigger contribution to their pension plan. Now everyone's all like "Woah, you guys get bigger pensions than us, that's not fair!" while ignoring the lower take home pay that teachers took in order to get those bigger pensions.

I learned the difference between there, their, and they're in elementary school. But I suppose that was just union propaganda from my unionized public school teachers, right?

And if your management couldn't get a "sabotaging company equipment is grounds for termination" clause into the collective bargaining agreement, your management is incompetent.

It's managements fault? Do the union workers have any responsibility? Great union attitude you've got there.

My ex-boss ran a plant with over 2000 union workers. They actually managed to get 5 of the laziest assholes fired.

At the next contract negotiation, everything was finalized and they were ready to sign the papers when the union made one more demand - bring back the 5 assholes or we strike.

Good job union. Do they really believe the rest of their members want them to protect the laziest most incompetent workers? It just gives them all a bad name.

Oh and the plant was shut down 2 years later. The union leaders cost 2000 people their jobs.

It's managements fault? Do the union workers have any responsibility? Great union attitude you've got there.

My ex-boss ran a plant with over 2000 union workers. They actually managed to get 5 of the laziest assholes fired.

At the next contract negotiation, everything was finalized and they were ready to sign the papers when the union made one more demand - bring back the 5 assholes or we strike.

Good job union. Do they really believe the rest of their members want them to protect the laziest most incompetent workers? It just gives them all a bad name.

Oh and the plant was shut down 2 years later. The union leaders cost 2000 people their jobs.

2000 jobs is national news. Link please.

You missed Vanster's point - those $57 could have been paid directly to the employee instead of a pension plan, at no extra cost to the employer. (After all, why does the employer care if it goes to a pension or directly to the employee?) So the teachers made a choice to take lower take home pay in return for a bigger contribution to their pension plan. Now everyone's all like "Woah, you guys get bigger pensions than us, that's not fair!" while ignoring the lower take home pay that teachers took in order to get those bigger pensions.

OK, I'll accept your point.

Then don't tell me they make $47,000 when their actual compensation is $85,000. You can't have it both ways.

Oh and it's $85k for 9 months (Univ of WI) so if you ratio up just the $47k salary (benefits are already year round) that puts them at over $100k per year.

Why am I supposed to feel sorry for these guys again?

PS - thanks for mentioning this so that I could point out that $47k govt salary actually equals $100k private sector.

Last edited:
2000 jobs is national news. Link please.

Pennsylvania somewhere

company was Steelcase or Hahn office supplies/furniture - can't remember which as he worked for both.

Don't know when 1980's - 1990's probably

Search away if like. Doesn't change what I know.

OK, I'll accept your point.

Then don't tell me they make $47,000 when their actual compensation is $85,000. You can't have it both ways.

Oh and it's $85k for 9 months (Univ of WI) so if you ratio up just the $47k salary (benefits are already year round) that puts them at over $100k per year.

Why am I supposed to feel sorry for these guys again?

Because the mean 'ole Republican and the eviiiiiiiiilllllll business man is stealing their money that they use to pay Unions so the Unions can give that money to Democrats.

It's difficult to get rid of under performing state employees whether they are unionized or not.

Back