The state of T1.

im too tired to read this thread but i want to

hi friends.

ill read and comment later

:wave: How's life treating ya? I see Steve in pugs every once in a while and chumpdan is on my Steam list but he doesn't come online very often :eek: I even see Dan1 every once in a while running 5 minute cap routes :p

It's a beautiful catch22 right now in that people will never get better unless they play competitively, but will never get that chance because they aren't good enough! Plus even if you play well in a pub everyone will assume you're just smurfing (because you are) so they will discount you anyways. Plus lets be honest, when most of the regulars host a PU, they hit MIRC, Steam, MSN and have most of the rosters filled before anyone even hits the server. Why bother? The end result is some twat spamming and killing your pub so that maybe 1 or 2 people get to be person 9 and 10.

Things needed to change how it is:

- Accountability. Fuck, Andrew posted Smurf lists years ago and made everything public (pressed Tab, highlighted name, got IP, checked it on reference matrix, done). No reason not to have that again. Have everyone playing as themselves again and people will actually notice other people.

- Patience. If you are a regular LT Pug Master, why not agree to pick 6 people including yourself and your buddy running team B, and leave the last four spots to randoms? Some of my best pugs have been a man down or with some bizarre deficit (We played with Longshot on midfield the entire map and still beat you!) and those randoms will get the experience they need to suck less.

- Proper Admining. Nothing worse than some prat doing whatever douchebaggery-type things he feels like (vote whoring, TKing, whatever) and you vote to kick him, it actually passes, it says cannot kick admin, and you're gone right after. Get people who care about the game, understand it, but are sensible. Make Vanster and DocHolliday admins, or whoever Jag 2.0 is. They always seem to play the game as they should and never act like complete cockbags.

- Out with the cheats. Just release them already. It's LT and with 16 pings the worst thing you're going to do is even the playing field. When IP was first released, everyone became super CG whores and guess what else? People became better cappers! It evened back out within.. 2-3 weeks (from unplayable insanity to a imo better version of LT).

- Put a fucking timer on re-voting. This goes hand in hand with proper admining. 2 votes and then bam 10 minute Cooldown. Ideally you've chosen admins who actually play so if someone tries to circumvent something, that's what the admin is for!

- LTers learn to like Base, baseheads learn to like LT. Agreed, there are times where SH-LT ends and SB begins and I go "uuugh fuck" and alt-f4. However, voting Hillking-LT in when there are 24 people in the server is fucking retarded, and if you voted yes or even worse created the vote, you are a total fag. You may think you're doing us a favour, but you're not. Fuck you. Reversely, joining a server with 9 people and complaining endlessly about how much LT sucks is retarded and so are you.

- Fix the goddamn Map rotation. DX-LT. SH-LT. SB.... and we're back on DX-LT. Occasionally a Dayfall sneaks in (yay!) or Hillking (boo), but pretty much we're stuck with this. How about this for a rotation (all LT): HB, DX, SH, DF, BF, RD? Nice mix, puts a few cluster maps in the middle, couple smoother maps on the edges, works into a nice flow.

- No base unless more than 14, and no LT unless less than 15. Admins control this, people will learn quickly and voila, people will adapt. How do you stop SH-LT from exploding (the usual it starts with 6 ppl and hits 20 by minute 8)? Just call a vote, otherwise wait until the map is over.

There, do these things and we can all prosper from increased love of the burnt, hollowed, well-used and barely existance shards of melted corpse that used to be T1.

Woot!

Annihilation mod has an alias logger built in. Admins can see it. I personally think everyone should be able to see it. On the other hand, everytime someone connects, the server executes a file associated with the client's ip and I lag for a second.

Joemomma5000 said:
- Accountability. Fuck, Andrew posted Smurf lists years ago and made everything public (pressed Tab, highlighted name, got IP, checked it on reference matrix, done). No reason not to have that again. Have everyone playing as themselves again and people will actually notice other people.
I too would like to do away with fakenicks.
What about a nick registration system that the community verifies or something

You wouldn't need to put all that work into it. Bugs already records everyone's IP, and it all gets catalogued (or did at one time) thanks to zadmin. All you'd have to do is do a search by IP and up would come all the sub nets and names associated with them.

I mean it's not a huge deal people smurf, but it would be nice if we knew who everyone was and had a more realistic idea on how many people play.

Personally I think LT is a pile of shit but everyone now just wants to spam shit and be "cappers"..

Edut: nothing wrong with that but its a mod I do not prefer

Joemomma5000 said:
You wouldn't need to put all that work into it. Bugs already records everyone's IP, and it all gets catalogued (or did at one time) thanks to zadmin. All you'd have to do is do a search by IP and up would come all the sub nets and names associated with them.
hmm, in that case, we should go and bug bugs to see if he'd implement it, mebbe upload the results to a website ;o

:wave: How's life treating ya? I see Steve in pugs every once in a while and chumpdan is on my Steam list but he doesn't come online very often :eek: I even see Dan1 every once in a while running 5 minute cap routes :p

It's a beautiful catch22 right now in that people will never get better unless they play competitively, but will never get that chance because they aren't good enough! Plus even if you play well in a pub everyone will assume you're just smurfing (because you are) so they will discount you anyways. Plus lets be honest, when most of the regulars host a PU, they hit MIRC, Steam, MSN and have most of the rosters filled before anyone even hits the server. Why bother? The end result is some twat spamming and killing your pub so that maybe 1 or 2 people get to be person 9 and 10.

- Patience. If you are a regular LT Pug Master, why not agree to pick 6 people including yourself and your buddy running team B, and leave the last four spots to randoms? Some of my best pugs have been a man down or with some bizarre deficit (We played with Longshot on midfield the entire map and still beat you!) and those randoms will get the experience they need to suck less.

- Proper Admining. Nothing worse than some prat doing whatever douchebaggery-type things he feels like (vote whoring, TKing, whatever) and you vote to kick him, it actually passes, it says cannot kick admin, and you're gone right after. Get people who care about the game, understand it, but are sensible. Make Vanster and DocHolliday admins, or whoever Jag 2.0 is. They always seem to play the game as they should and never act like complete cockbags.

- Out with the cheats. Just release them already. It's LT and with 16 pings the worst thing you're going to do is even the playing field. When IP was first released, everyone became super CG whores and guess what else? People became better cappers! It evened back out within.. 2-3 weeks (from unplayable insanity to a imo better version of LT).

- Put a fucking timer on re-voting. This goes hand in hand with proper admining. 2 votes and then bam 10 minute Cooldown. Ideally you've chosen admins who actually play so if someone tries to circumvent something, that's what the admin is for!

- LTers learn to like Base, baseheads learn to like LT. Agreed, there are times where SH-LT ends and SB begins and I go "uuugh fuck" and alt-f4. However, voting Hillking-LT in when there are 24 people in the server is fucking retarded, and if you voted yes or even worse created the vote, you are a total fag. You may think you're doing us a favour, but you're not. Fuck you. Reversely, joining a server with 9 people and complaining endlessly about how much LT sucks is retarded and so are you.

- Fix the goddamn Map rotation. DX-LT. SH-LT. SB.... and we're back on DX-LT. Occasionally a Dayfall sneaks in (yay!) or Hillking (boo), but pretty much we're stuck with this. How about this for a rotation (all LT): HB, DX, SH, DF, BF, RD? Nice mix, puts a few cluster maps in the middle, couple smoother maps on the edges, works into a nice flow.

- No base unless more than 14, and no LT unless less than 15. Admins control this, people will learn quickly and voila, people will adapt. How do you stop SH-LT from exploding (the usual it starts with 6 ppl and hits 20 by minute 8)? Just call a vote, otherwise wait until the map is over.

There, do these things and we can all prosper from increased love of the burnt, hollowed, well-used and barely existance shards of melted corpse that used to be T1.

Woot!

this would be excellent

lol forgot to make it a five.

Poncho, you are my best friend in tribes, don't let these guys get to you. I'll defend your honor.

Don't get me even started how many maps I have sat in a row at inhuman times, only to get to play maybe 1 or 2 maps when the PU of the evening is dying out already. Luckily euro PUs have picked up and I don't need to stay up so late to get a decent game going.

That said I don't understand why people are not willing to sit and will drop if you don't get picked. If you don't get to play that is a clear indication you're not good enough or can't play the position. I at least learn by watching how other players play the positions. To be good in LT (or in tribes in general) boils down to 3 things for me.

1. play the position
(self explanatory)

2. play smart
(example: If you're in full health going O, don't just duel the Home D when your team has both flags. Hide near the flag and be ready for regrab or in some cases ctfl+k and D up)

3. be aware
(example: be ready for sudden changes in game flow. You're LOing enemy D to clear the path for your capper. Suddenly you might need to egrab or intercept enemy carrier.)

Master these and you will get picked eventually.

Having done sitting so much I'm still pro 5v5, rest should sit and understand why they need to sit. And also believe base is best at 10v10 (euros played 8v8). Anything between (6v6 LT, 7v7 cluster etc) is call for a bad game.

Woot!
Will never happen for a multitude of reasons.

Chief among them is that Tribes is dead and nobody gives a shit.

But hey, why don't you put up a server with proper admins and all that fancy stuff you just wrote about and see how many players it has and for how long. (hint: it'll die in out in a matter of weeks because Tribes is dead and nobody gives a shit)

Back