The state of T1.

base compared to LT is like an orchestra compared to a rock band

in base you have to have years of study and academic training behind you (well, you know what I mean), and be an expert in your very specific field - but there are so many of you that most of you become part of the whole, and only the lead-flute or trombonist recieves any kind of infamy

in LT you're a small group of scallywags learning your field as you go along, and ego is the king - out of control and integral to success

in base you have to have years of study and academic training behind you (well, you know what I mean), and be an expert in your very specific field - but there are so many of you that most of you become part of the whole, and only the lead-flute or trombonist recieves any kind of infamy

in LT you're a small group of scallywags learning your field as you go along, and ego is the king - out of control and integral to success
and at the concerts there's 4 rock bands playing all at once

Hahahaha...buddy, I don't have to think I am good, in fact, I have nothing left to prove in this 10+ year old game - I won all the shit this game has to offer - have you? (you dont have to answer that, we know the answer) - the fact that I dont play PUs is only because they are LT, and LT is for newbies who cant fly without an epack and a nade launcher (AKA - LT - not real Tribes).

As Kuza said, you are not bad, but you are not nearly as good as you think you are - shut the fuck up and keep practicing.

hahaha.

so was all that shit JM posted in regards to a regular server?

i thought this was all about web-based tribes

i dont like this analogy at all because it's gay but the statement about LT is totally true

in fact i agree with a lot of the complaints towards the lt community.
there are too few people that can actually perform and too many that just get picked due to allegiances or hype, but isnt that the nature of every competitive group activity?

there is a decent group of players however that gets on every now and again. they are highly competitive, pretty smart, usually very rusty, and i doubt any of them care to try and get new or old talent into the game or to reach their peak and all of that crap

the fact remains that as long as those people are getting fun out of the game they really won't care about anyone else but themselves

it's not even hard to get good enough to be included in a pu as u can do whatever the fuck u want and it will usually work if you're competent enough to follow the game.

most of u queers are not competent and yet still u have these huge egos

i think fagforce can attest that no one really plays out any match type strategy in a pu unless it's with old friends, so getting decent enough in a pub should be more than enough experience to dominate a pu.

to the people bitching about only having shithole to practice on:

-start hitting 25+ cks and 40+ kills a map on shithouse vs the smurfs if you're a chaser
-learn to have dominant flag possession if you're a capper and ensure ur running a strong timed llama or route constantly
-if you can hit 110+ shithole bonus playing either of these positions regularly as well as being in the top 2 of that scoreboard most maps, then someone will notice you because it's going to mean ur bumping someone else off

you're basically a faggot if you expect to be picked without any competency just because ur a vet or begging

fuck i cap better than 90% of the people in this thread with a 300+ wireless ping and a trackball while high and naked and u fags still expect to be picked and then cry about me warping.

i used to chase thorin and korn at once while they warped i never ever cried

u ever seen snow cry???

fuyk ur momss

Last edited:
Hahahaha...buddy, I don't have to think I am good, in fact, I have nothing left to prove in this 10+ year old game - I won all the shit this game has to offer - have you? (you dont have to answer that, we know the answer) - the fact that I dont play PUs is only because they are LT, and LT is for newbies who cant fly without an epack and a nade launcher (AKA - LT - not real Tribes).

As Kuza said, you are not bad, but you are not nearly as good as you think you are - shut the fuck up and keep practicing.

the irony of this is that tictac is the kind of player who repairs the base on stonehenge so that he can suit up

i asked bugs to put Sh_pub or dx_pub and people on the server told me to learn to play base

??????

btw you came to the weekly base pickups once or twice captained to get to play, then sat the rest of the maps. you are awful at base too dude ;[

Last edited:
Dude I Obs'd you for 2 matches. I wouldn't say you suck. But I wouldn't say you are elite either. The one skill you impressed me with was flag passing/ recieving. I will give you that. other than that I will say good day to you sir.

the issue that you think flag passing is elite but that's a skill you need to have if you want to be in the game at all. it is an essential skill, not just something you can have for fun

the issue that you think flag passing is elite but that's a skill you need to have if you want to be in the game at all. it is an essential skill, not just something you can have for fun

whoa whoa where did I ever say that was elite? I said that was the only thing he did that impressed me. He had some good passes and spawned a few times (minus the luck of his spawn location) and had some good receptions. I never said that passing was elite. Please don't put words in my fingers.

anyway if you want to get into pickups you have to just wait for a chance when the player #'s die down so that you might get picked. asking people to pick 6 good players and 4 bad players is unfair to anyone else in the server that is in the 6-10 range and is better than the people who would be picked.

anyway if you want to get into pickups you have to just wait for a chance when the player #'s die down so that you might get picked. asking people to pick 6 good players and 4 bad players is unfair to anyone else in the server that is in the 6-10 range and is better than the people who would be picked.
or you know, the people who didn't get picked could just go to another server

oh wait, there aren't any because Tribes is dead

there are two ways to play tribes now besides mods

get into an LT pickup or play in a shithole pub. if you want to get into the pickup u have to earn ur dues but its kind of a backward system since the exclusion kills off the interest for anyone who can't get in

Oh sorry tictac, I forgot about your 8 ogl championship rings. :rofl: What an accomplishment, I'm so jealous.

Shithole ratings are dumb, but like ppl say, it's usually the same ppl on top (the good players) and I'm pretty sure I'd have to scroll near the bottom to see you there.

V, you are so unaware it's funny. At least I don't have multiple PUs where the cappers decide not to pass to me b/c I'm so unaware. I'm not the best passer, but I get things done.

Shithole is fun if you're chasing; nobody ever plays home d so it's a simple continuous cycle of spawn/chase/suicide with no down time - it's great.

Back