[Official] Stanley Cup Playoffs and Predictions

the economy must suck if a metropolitan area with almost 4 million people can't fill a 21k person arena

Hiller has been soft in this game. Anaheim has been the better team. He's given up 3 soft goals in 2 games, including the game winner in Game 1. That shit has got to stop if Anaheim is going to have a chance in this series.

theyve been using the economy claim for like five years now

i wonder what anaheims excuse is
because aside from sojourn and a couple others, the vast majority of orange county is ambivalent toward the ducks from my experience at honda center/arrowhead pond/anaheim arena

because aside from sojourn and a couple others, the vast majority of orange county is ambivalent toward the ducks from my experience at honda center/arrowhead pond/anaheim arena

There are a lot of die hard fans, but Southern California has some pretty big competition when it comes to sports, and the area is generally more laid back to begin with.

I would never compare the fanbase of Anaheim to big market teams. Even a team like San Jose, which doesn't qualify as a big market team usually has a more active fanbase. I don't care.

Hockey comes after a lot of other sports in Southern California. There are two baseball and basketball teams in very close proximity to the Ducks. It's getting bigger, but I don't see it really taking off until the next generation comes around. A lot of kids these days are getting involved in hockey. It's been growing in California more than anywhere else in North America, and I've seen some of these kids. They are damn good. The WHL had a tryout skate not too long ago, and kids from all around the country came. Quite a few of them were from California. There was a lot of talent on display. They'll be the ones leading the way. My generation was one of the ones to really start things off, but we were still the vast minority.

oh i understand the issues that arise in southern california with the crazy amount of other things to do in the area as well as not enough opportunities to play hockey as a kid (though this is improving not only down there but up here in northern california which is cool). as much as it kills me to say it, the ducks are a team that should be embraced more by the locals & media outlets down there for all kinds of reasons that you already know. :)

san jose still isn't as enamored with the sharks as they can be though. playoff performance aside, even the largest newspaper in northern california (SF Chronicle/Examiner) is without a fucking sharks beat writer which is pretty sad.

Jesus, finally the game ends with a quick and simple shot. I guess Osgood was just giving the Ducks a goal so he could rest up for the next 3 games, right Yetskii? He was too good to keep this game going and wearing his team out so he told them he was letting the first shot in if they don't score first.

Jesus, finally the game ends with a quick and simple shot. I guess Osgood was just giving the Ducks a goal so he could rest up for the next 3 games, right Yetskii? He was too good to keep this game going and wearing his team out so he told them he was letting the first shot in if they don't score first.

i know you're just being a douche, but osgood didn't do anything wrong on that

the wings are lucky it's just 1-1 right now

i keep expecting the wheels to come off on anaheim but damn they are playing good. It's beginning to look like 2007 all over again

was at my parents all weekend.

great weekend of hockey tho. pens need the win tomorrow night for the split and ill be happy :)

nucks/hawks has been a pretty enteraining series too :roller:

Back