[Official] Stanley Cup Playoffs and Predictions

The only thing cheap about that was the call. It might have been a bit late (and by might, we're talking barely). Brown had his elbow down, and Hudler had dished the puck off. Brown just rocked him.

That's, maybe, a 2-minute interference penalty. Possibly 4, if the referee wants to be a nazi and justify an extra 2 for the injury. To call it a 5-minute major and a game misconduct is ridiculous.

I thought this too until they showed the replay on the intermission report.... it was pretty bad. You can't go for a guys head in the NHL anymore without them flipping out.

The only thing cheap about that was the call. It might have been a bit late (and by might, we're talking barely). Brown had his elbow down, and Hudler had dished the puck off. Brown just rocked him.

That's, maybe, a 2-minute interference penalty. Possibly 4, if the referee wants to be a nazi and justify an extra 2 for the injury. To call it a 5-minute major and a game misconduct is ridiculous.

I figured it was 4...being a tad late and the injury. I did not think it was a match penalty, but a tad on the cheap side.

I figured it was 4...being a tad late and the injury. I did not think it was a match penalty, but a tad on the cheap side.

Fair enough. I was really surprised to see the 5 minute major. I counted just barely 2 seconds (real time) before the release of the puck and the hit, and that's right on the line. 2 seconds is generally the accepted limit. The official's arm went up right away, so I think he was immediately going to call an interference (and I'm okay with that, because I think it was questionable in that sense, and questionable is 50/50 in my eyes) but I think the 5 minutes was a reactionary call more than anything.

It looked bad, but I've had my head split open like that from a hit too, while wearing a visor. Your head hits the visor, and it splits the skin. Bleeds a lot, but nothing serious. I hope Brown isn't suspended, because he did make shoulder contact to the head, but I don't think there was any intent. He was just trying to make a good hard check.

Like BB said, they do kind of flip about stuff like that. Whatever happens, happens. That Hudler returned might keep Brown from getting a suspension. He's a good hard-working 4th liner, and surprisingly important to the Ducks. You'd probably really like him if he was on Detroit. Kills penalties. Has really good legs. And doesn't hesitate to make hits. He'd probably fit well into Detroit's system. This is really the first truly questionable hit I've seen him make in a Ducks' uni.

So should your ex-wife since you're raising someone else's kids after she left you.

Nah, her whoring ways did not happen until several years later.

Funny thing about the hit though...after looking at different angles, it seems that there was a forearm up in Hudlers face, not a shoulder....

Gary Bettman and his fucking winged monkey Colin Campbell want the NHL to be the next NBA, well I hate to break it to them, but most hockey players are men.

"In his 11-year NHL career, Campbell appeared in 636 NHL games, posting 25 goals and 103 assists for 128 points, along with 1292 penalty minutes"

I have no stake in any of the games, my Canadiens went down in a puff of smoke.

Really can't stand cheap shots, but fuck lets let men be men.

Here is a different way of looking at the hit...

If by chance that were Crosby that got hit, there would probably be a 10 game suspension....

The extra 2 minutes for a high-sticking has nothing to do with a visor. It has to do with injury. If the player is wearing a visor and he's hit below the visor, and it draws blood, that's an extra 2. You guys are whining about the location, not the extra 2 minutes.
uh, exactly. it has everything to do with the injury

visors can protect against some of these injuries which lead to an extra 2min. not all players wear visors... i can't help if you don't see the inconsistency of it.

if you have penalties based on the level of injury (already dumb in and of itself because a player should control their stick regardless of whether they carve an eyeball out of someone's socket or not) then equipment that prevent these injuries should at least be consistent. it isn't fair to completely dismiss the "mandated visor" discussion, for this or the other many reasons. it's a valid topic for discussion.

the hit timing was okay, where he hit him was not okay.

the only thing you really have to complain about is how they dont consistently make this call for hits to the head... the refs are boneheads that basically fuck up and twist the rules on a daily basis.

also, if i were a red wings fan, i'd be fucking happy you got a win last night. the ducks deserved that one and missed a lot of chances to put you away. pray they start sucking because that team will beat you.

Back