wat is best show of all time breaking bad or the wire

wat best show all time he he

• Total voters
Breaking Bad and it isn't even close.

Wire season 2.. enough said.

I never understood the Wire hype. I never made it past season 2 though. 1 was very good, I'll give you that.

If you havent seen the whole thing youre not in any position to discern which is better are you?

Teh fuk..

Breaking Bad and it isn't even close.

Wire season 2.. enough said.

I never understood the Wire hype. I never made it past season 2 though. 1 was very good, I'll give you that.

Wire Season 3-4 are really good though. You can skip most of season 2 except the last 1-2 episodes.

ya idk about you guys but i think xfiles is prabs the best show.

these shows r good shows but xfiles is best show.

this is not subjective.
xfiles is fact
fact of what sho is best show

If you havent seen the whole thing youre not in any position to discern which is better are you?

Teh fuk..

Season 2... the guy from True Blood and a bunch of fat guys staring at shipping containers, 2 guys who do nothing, and a dock cop who also does zippity fuck.

Having a season that bad means that it isn't a great show, or at least not better than Breaking Bad. BB had no bad seasons, great acting, an amazing plot (that made perfect sense from start to finish) and a decent ending.

Season 2... the guy from True Blood and a bunch of fat guys staring at shipping containers, 2 guys who do nothing, and a dock cop who also does zippity fuck.

Having a season that bad means that it isn't a great show, or at least not better than Breaking Bad. BB had no bad seasons, great acting, an amazing plot (that made perfect sense from start to finish) and a decent ending.

it was about the erosion of the protestant (white) work ethic as a once proud working-class community succumbed to the poverty and immorality around them and gave into the greed and self-interest that the drugs trade represents

and you thought it was about fat dudes in a union

smh

i just rewatched the wire like a month ago. season 2 isn't THAT bad, there's plenty of the season 1 stuff in there, i was actually surprised how much of the ghetto drug shit was in there, before i rewatched it i just remember season 2 being all about the docks. the main problem with season 2 is the dock stuff just isn't that interesting, and the characters are pretty boring too. the ziggy character was the worst character in the whole show imo, it might have been a bit more tolerable without him.

season 5 is also kinda...meh.

i'm going with breaking bad.

Last edited:
it was about the erosion of the protestant (white) work ethic as a once proud working-class community succumbed to the poverty and immorality around them and gave into the greed and self-interest that the drugs trade represents
They didn't succumb, they fought the only way they knew how. Their way of life and jobs were threatened by competition and businessmen more interested in developments than the community.

the dockers union fought

ziggy and nick (the younger generation more in touch with/less isolated by their cohesive culture and job security from the street) decided to cash out since they saw where the wind was blowing

the old-heads stayed loyal to the ethic and it killed them, the kids abandoned it and their individuality

they were kinda forced into it, frank did it to make money to bribe congressmen so they would try and get the canal dredged to bring in more ships. nick did it to make money because he wasn't getting steady hours due to there being barely any ships coming in and union seniority rules, and ziggy did it because.... he was an idiot and had something to prove.

game stay da game

they were kinda forced into it, frank did it to make money to bribe congressmen so they would try and get the canal dredged to bring in more ships. nick did it to make money because he wasn't getting steady hours due to there being barely any ships coming in and union seniority rules, and ziggy did it because.... he was an idiot and had something to prove.

game stay da game

~ya~

million different people doing stuff for the 'right' reasons but fucking eachother up

life

people shit on season two of the wire, but it had a lot of things going for it.

i'm surprised more people didn't dislike the last season where they added in the whole news paper/journalism angle - that shit was retarded.

as a social commentary, the wire > breaking bad.

as a show i actually enjoyed start to finish breaking bad fucking owns the wire.

Back