wat is best show of all time breaking bad or the wire

wat best show all time he he

• Total voters
yeah im kind of tempted to go back through sopranos again

i watched it as a kid now i think id understand more of it

ya it just aint right that they killed S:AAB off like that

wasn't exactly top-tier in terms of best ever but for what it was it was fucking sik military sci-fi

gave us the new bsg tho so i guess that made a lot of nerds happy?

I have to abstain as I have not seen all of The Wire. I feel like I need to watch The Sopranos again since I think I missed about 1/3 of the episodes.

ive seen them all so my opinion is the best opinion

sopranos is def the best of the 3, then i'd say breaking bad and then the wire

the wire is the best show ive watched

very little stupid/unbelievable stuff happened

unlike some stuff in breaking bad and almost everything in oz

yeah, because in order for a television show to be considered good, it needs to be super realistic.

yeah, because in order for a television show to be considered good, it needs to be super realistic.

Unrealistic things can be fine if they make sense in the context of the story, entertainment naturally requires some suspension of belief. Some great shows even push that boundary too far.

This thread needs to actually be

The Wire - Under 20
Breaking Bad - Under 20
Sopranos - Under 20

The Wire - Under 30
Breaking Bad - Under 30
Sopranos - Under 30

The Wire - Over 30
Breaking Bad - Over 30
Sopranos - Over 30

Other

BB is amazing, and it is probably 2nd best of the three. But some 18 year old who never watched Sopranos or The Wire while it was airing on TV is never going to choose either over BB because they had a different experience.

BB exists because of the other two shows coming before it. The bulk of the great TV we have today is because of Sopranos and The Wire. Almost all the creators of what is awesome now talk about them as their major influences. But it also trained the public into wanting awesome drama of that nature.

beren i agree, a lot of the younger crowd here never sat through sopranos back in 1999

i did as a kid watch it late night when my parents were not around but i never FULLY soaked it in

ive gone back and rewatched many parts later but never straight through

i might change my vote to sopranos cause it probably should be #1

then the wire #2

breaking bad has a few points ur like this is fucking stupid

wire doesn't

ehhhhh i'd disagree

i think everyone can agree that the 2nd season of the wire was shittiest season of that series

there was a lot of dumb shit in that season that dragged the entire series down, mainly around the union leader dad and his son, plus the feud he had going with that police guy.

while there was certainly some dumb shit in breaking bad, it was usually meant to come across that way

Tony and Walter are basically the same character. Both are married to dumb bitches and have faggy sons. Both do bunch of shit for the sake of a family who doesn't appreciate it.

the annoying characters in breaking bad trump the intentionally annoying characters in the wire so much, and gilligan claims skyler wasn't even supposed to be annoying, which makes it worse because her scenes drag on for fucking ever.

then there's the magnet on the police evidence room and a few other things (didnt even read ztir's post until after i posted this btw)

dont get me wrong the writing is otherwise great and the show is really well directed and acted

also the wire got pretty much snubbed for emmies which is bullshit. i didnt know that until its always sunny did an episode about it

Last edited:
Back