gas at $2.75, oil prices falling, and america producing more oil than anyone else

to deal with hypocrisy sometimes you have to take stances on issues which are counter to your actual feelings
debate 101

i'd rather we dumped all them federal monies into renewables like ocean wave power, solar farms, off shore wind farms, bio fuels from algae, nuclear energy with level 4 or 5 thorium molten salt reactors, or money into fusion

because we could fund R&D and more into all of those if we diverted every penny from oil/gas, without needing any more money from anywhere else
its not like the oil companies need subsidies
also needed is rising the gas tax. texas hasn't touched theirs since the early 90s.
OUR BRIDGES OUR CRUMBLING BUT WE DONT WANT TO PAY FOR THEM ARGGGG

I take a Greyhound Bus to go by groceries. The driver always plays classic rock music over the PA and I dirty hack every portal along the way.

Oil prices are falling because the elections are coming.

I also find it pretty funny that all the democrats are talking about the "evil, profiteering" oil companies, yet the government makes more money in taxes than the people who pull it out of the ground do.

resistance or enlightened?

idha9z.jpg

What do you do after you go by groceries? Do you then buy groceries?

I get on that same Greyhound and then go up to my 3rd floor apartment and put them away.

he licks everything in the store and then puts it back on the shelf

Whatever monkey. I hate going to the Grocery Store. Morons are everywhere there. I know what Imma buy and I get in and get out asap. I already have 4 months worth of non perishables and water stashed so I go to the store to get perishables. I aint gonna be hungry and thirsty when the lights go out. Everyone else here will be all hungry and thirsty but not me. Fuck that.

Last edited:
Oil prices are falling because the elections are coming.

I also find it pretty funny that all the democrats are talking about the "evil, profiteering" oil companies, yet the government makes more money in taxes than the people who pull it out of the ground do.

2011 - 41.2 billion dollars in federal gas tax revenue

2011 - 137 billion dollars in total revenue for the following companies
big_oil_table1-1.jpg

Also for every dollar they spend on lobbying they receive 30 dollars in tax breaks.

So I'm not sure how you get this idea that the government makes more in fuel taxes than these companies make in a year, seems to me that the federal government is giving them heaps and heaps of tax breaks in return for campaign contributions and PAC support.

Back