Do you still regularly game?

I was never great with 'twitch' gaming (good enough, but not great), and as I get older and the reactions slow down, some of those FPS titles just don't do it for me any more.

That said, War Thunder is one I play a lot of, particularly the tank side of things.

I've also started delving back into Cyberpunk for a replay, and bounce between a bunch of different games pretty regularly.

PSA: grab the Epic Games client, they have a rolling sale of games which may be a little older (but still fairly big names) which they discount to free.

Keep an eye on that and it's a decent way to build up a library of good titles without spending a cent.

I get into world of tanks every now and then. Especially around christmas/new years because thats when they give away all the best free stuff

Not really, too busy. Dunno how that even happened, it's like every hour of my day is previously spoken for. I haven't upgraded my computer in a decade and my CPU fan is dying, so anything modern will probably finish it off, and my last console was a PS3.

Thought about getting a PS5 or Switch. I'm still sour on Microsoft after my original Xbox bricked just months after purchase, so I don't wanna get a new one despite game pass looking like the superior option. I guess I'm just not a fan of how they design games these days. 4 hours of actual game, 30 hours of collectibles to get to 100%. We got like 3 years of competitive gameplay out of Tribes, now multiplayer is dead after a few weeks when the next big release comes.

Halo Infinite was a really good campaign, I liked how the open world worked. Halo MP is way way too spongy, but the 'tactical' mode (aka instakill) is really good.

but damn man, work on your netcode though

Last game i actually played was Elden Ring. Absolutely amazing game but since then nothing really. A game of Valorant from time to time.
I kinda lost the drive to play games :(

Serious question VonTed.

So, Von basically means "of". So, it kinds of means that you were From Ted - or that Ted was your pop. That's besides the point.

Should we all be called "Von Penis"? Or Perhaps "Von Vagina"?

I mean, sure, Jesus and others are immaculately conceived and are in a special class. Maybe we should all be "Von Cosmos"?

TW, I leave it up to you to discuss. Or Not.
It's a free Von Cosmos, baby.

Not really, too busy. Dunno how that even happened, it's like every hour of my day is previously spoken for. I haven't upgraded my computer in a decade and my CPU fan is dying, so anything modern will probably finish it off, and my last console was a PS3.

Thought about getting a PS5 or Switch. I'm still sour on Microsoft after my original Xbox bricked just months after purchase, so I don't wanna get a new one despite game pass looking like the superior option. I guess I'm just not a fan of how they design games these days. 4 hours of actual game, 30 hours of collectibles to get to 100%. We got like 3 years of competitive gameplay out of Tribes, now multiplayer is dead after a few weeks when the next big release comes.

ps5 is really good.

I tried a lot of games over the last year. Put excessive hours into Valheim. Played Conan Exiles, and The Forest. AOE4 was on sale so just got that for a break from getting hammered in Mordhau (medieval CoD with swords). A single-player one that was good (but not brand new) was The Outer Worlds. The guns, and combat was good. Some story but not too much. Have an ai party member run around with you.

I get into world of tanks every now and then. Especially around christmas/new years because thats when they give away all the best free stuff

If you were into complex flight sims (jets and helicopters) you could throw lots of money at DCS world.

I'd get this when it's on sale. Fun and re-playable. I started it a 2nd time as an evil dude but it started to get real hard after executing a main quest NPC at the start. Will try it again soon. You can shoot just about anyone and anything.

Yeah thats pretty realistic. I could see where something like that being constantly played actually could make some little Adderal soaked incel with green hair, slowly not have a lot of problem with shooting up a mall or a school

Anyone could become a killer. It's just a matter of training.

If you were into complex flight sims (jets and helicopters) you could throw lots of money at DCS world.

nah..not really my thing. To me, for a proper flight sim it almost needs to be a dedicated machine and im just not that into flying sims.

Outer Worlds is a good one.. Probably not as big as Fallout, but honestly it's been a while for both.. A good title, well worth a play.

Valheim's a good one, I've been doing a plaything with a crap ton of mods, including raft, which lets you build a boat and build on it, so you can take your base with you.

Mordhau is free on Epic right now. (or was it last week?)

Back