[Official] NHL Offseason/Hotstove Thread

No team would bench a $7.5 million dollar player for the duration of his contract. If they do dress him, he'd be a really expensive Avery sitting all by himself at the end of the bench getting an occasional shift.
it more likely goes, refuse to play,teams wants him dressed, refuses to report, suspended

we call it the yashin model of faggotry

He's not like Yashin because that was about money and Yashin wanted more than he originally agreed to. Heatley will report, he will just voice his displeasure about his reduced role. He just wants to be away from the coach and from the sounds of it, the team has chosen Clouston over Heatley.

He's not like Yashin because that was about money and Yashin wanted more than he originally agreed to. Heatley will report, he will just voice his displeasure about his reduced role. He just wants to be away from the coach and from the sounds of it, the team has chosen Clouston over Heatley.
we'll see what happens

it didnt seem like a choice to me; murray claimed he was surprised. he knew he was upset about the reduced role at the end of the season but the trade request was apparently a shock

in other news, my friend in florida is saying that word is Tampa owners are having real issues... one owner wants to trade lecavalier and dump 10 million from the salary, the other wants to keep him and add 10 million to the salary, apparently it's so bad, Bettman is going to meet with them to sort out who actually has control.

and then there's the question: why the fuck are the owners making these decisions?

in other news, my friend in florida is saying that word is Tampa owners are having real issues... one owner wants to trade lecavalier and dump 10 million from the salary, the other wants to keep him and add 10 million to the salary, apparently it's so bad, Bettman is going to meet with them to sort out who actually has control.

and then there's the question: why the fuck are the owners making these decisions?

Koules wants to keep Vinny, Barry is the other asshat who's saying he'll be traded. Bettman came out today and basically made it so Barry can not make any decisions based on personel (thank god). There was a fear that he would sign his own players w/ o the approval of the owner or GM. Also Barry is the owner who isnt able to pay for his half of the purchase of the team.

Both these owners are fucking clowns as is though. But trading vinny would basically remove 80% of the season ticket holders, and ruin the team finacially. And what they dont seem to understand is trading him your still gonna pick up equal to his salary in other players, who are not gonna be anywhere as good as Vinny.

If the ilse take Hedman, its gonna be an interesting Friday for tampa.

if i were you, i'd want hedman in tampa

i'm not sure losing vinny would be that catastophic; i mean you get something in return and already have stamkos and st. louis... and another decent draft pick. keeping vinny is obviously a better idea.

oh no, the bolts want Hedman, bad....thats why i'm saying if the Ilse take him, we're kinda boned. We need D, not another fcuking Center

pagy tell me you have some good canadian rumors around the sharks that i can hang onto for a few weeks

if not just make something up

we'll see what happens

it didnt seem like a choice to me; murray claimed he was surprised. he knew he was upset about the reduced role at the end of the season but the trade request was apparently a shock
I don't think Murray was surprised. I think Heatley told him he wanted out at the end of the season in the interview with Murray. I think Murray is trying to paint Heatley as the bad guy for the media so he doesn't get any of the blame.

I think owners should be able to step in and have a say in things but not come out and say they're trading a certain player and whatnot.

oh no, the bolts want Hedman, bad....thats why i'm saying if the Ilse take him, we're kinda boned. We need D, not another fcuking Center

They could easily trade the the pick/Tavares for for a nice package that would include a top 2 defenseman.

I think owners should be able to step in and have a say in things but not come out and say they're trading a certain player and whatnot.
they can talk about salary concerns but when it comes to personnel, why hire a gm or operations staff if you're going to hover?

owners that get involved only fuck up teams. hell look at toronto.

they can talk about salary concerns but when it comes to personnel, why hire a gm or operations staff if you're going to hover?

owners that get involved only fuck up teams. hell look at toronto.

Yea, Toronto has been fucking up. I am also shocked Burke signed there since Richard Pettie has been hovering for a long time and would probably still get involved in Burke's job.

Yea, Toronto has been fucking up. I am also shocked Burke signed there since Richard Pettie has been hovering for a long time and would probably still get involved in Burke's job.

toronto is the center of the hockey media world, the best place on earth for a loudmouth who loves hearing himself speak

Well, the Sabres GM was on the radio talking about his draft day plans.

He tells us not to worry! Our team is "on the upswing" and a "leader will emerge" (even though none has in the past 2 years). :rolleyes:

Unless he's cooking up something big quietly, I don't think he plans on doing anything at all to change a team that missed the playoffs 2 years running and counting.

Back