[Official] NHL Offseason/Hotstove Thread

Android1

Veteran XV
Time to move on from that great season. Training camps open in a couple months.

Discuss anything and everything hockey in here throughout the summer.

Some important dates this summer:

June 26-27: NHL Draft

July 1: NHL Free Agency

Should be a very interesting offseason :roller:

penguins are negotiating an extension with sergei gonchar....would be a good move by shero, hopefully he gets him at a cheaper price than his 5$million price tag currently.

also, ive read that the penguins are interested in beauchemin is scuderi gets away from them. would be a great pickup, but i dont see it happening unfortunately :(

I can't wait for the first few hours of draft day. I hope there'll be some big trades made and hopefully one that involves the Oilers getting rid of some shitty contracts.

I can't wait for the first few hours of draft day. I hope there'll be some big trades made and hopefully one that involves the Oilers getting rid of some shitty contracts.

horcoff is prolly at the top of that list :)

hes a 2nd line center, not a 1st line allstar

and yes i want to see brent behind the bench

darryl is a beauty who could lead us to a cup but i guess any sutter will do

My call for the Habs:

Koivu and Komisarek are gone. Kovalev to sign for 3 years with probably captaincy, Tanguay will resign for 1-2 year deal. A couple of youngsters will graduate (Subban most probably) and we'll see if the Habs are ready to sacrifice a couple of prospects for a trade. Lang is probably gone too, mostly if they want space under the cap for a major transaction

As for minor moves, Kosto will sign, Brisebois will probably sign for a small salary (he probably wants to end his career in Montreal and if he signs for a small salary, I have no problem with that), Bouillon and Dandenault will probably leave and I think they might keep Schneider depending on what happens with Bouwmeester.

I have no idea for the rest as we'll know if the club is sold in the next hours and that might change a lot of things. Hamrlik better get his shit together this year because he earns quite some money for what he gave recently.

The draft would mean something if they drafted kids from colleges here in the USA. Instead we're going to hear about a bunch of foreign fucks being drafted from other countries. That's why the NHL and NBA drafts don't mean shit besides the top 5 players.

I can't spell any of the fucking names, so it's useless to try and talk about it, because the grammar police will come out. If you want to talk about hockey, you need another page open just so you can look up the spelling of the names.

The draft would mean something if they drafted kids from colleges here in the USA. Instead we're going to hear about a bunch of foreign fucks being drafted from other countries. That's why the NHL and NBA drafts don't mean shit besides the top 5 players.

I can't spell any of the fucking names, so it's useless to try and talk about it, because the grammar police will come out. If you want to talk about hockey, you need another page open just so you can look up the spelling of the names.

Besides NFL, I think most pro sports draft internationally... And that's mainly due to the fact American Football is played... in America.

My call for the Habs:

Koivu and Komisarek are gone. Kovalev to sign for 3 years with probably captaincy, Tanguay will resign for 1-2 year deal. A couple of youngsters will graduate (Subban most probably) and we'll see if the Habs are ready to sacrifice a couple of prospects for a trade. Lang is probably gone too, mostly if they want space under the cap for a major transaction

As for minor moves, Kosto will sign, Brisebois will probably sign for a small salary (he probably wants to end his career in Montreal and if he signs for a small salary, I have no problem with that), Bouillon and Dandenault will probably leave and I think they might keep Schneider depending on what happens with Bouwmeester.

I have no idea for the rest as we'll know if the club is sold in the next hours and that might change a lot of things. Hamrlik better get his shit together this year because he earns quite some money for what he gave recently.

i would love kovalev to come back to pittsburgh on a shorter deal :)

he's said he loves the city. he wont be asked to play as big of a role as in montreal...who knows if that would appeal to him or not.

Kovalev is pretty unpredictable and I wouldn't be surprised if he made such a move. Though, the problem in Montreal really seemed with Koivu and he did a very good job replacing Koivu as a captain while Koivu was injured. I know he's very involved in funds raising and with his heart foundation and people often compare him to Lafleur in terms of personality/hockey skills (calling him the new Démon Blond). People love him here, it wasn't always easy (never is with the stupid habs fans) but he definitely got his spot here if he wants to stay and I think Habs are making this a priority.

horcoff is prolly at the top of that list :)

hes a 2nd line center, not a 1st line allstar

God yes. His contract is so shitty. It's probably worst than Penner.

You're a fucking moron. Period. They do draft kids out of college but they usually stay in college at least another year before signing their entry contract. Plus over 75% of the NHL players are "foreign fucks" by your assumption. Over half of the NHL players are Canadian but you'd probably just think of monst of them as American. Kind of like how you thought Scott Mellanby was a good ol' American boy! Yet he's from Quebec, aka French Canada.

Maybe if Americans were better than the "foreign fucks" they'd have roster spots. But you don't want a league filled with skilled players, you just want a leage fulled with Americans. Just ignore the fact that even the American Hockey League is also filled with Canadians, so is the ECHL and all the other minor leagues scattered through the US. You can just pretend the guy named Steve White is American since he speaks English perfectly well. Just don't ask him where he's from.

Back