2019-nCoV

I don't know how many times I need to say I don't support mandatory vaccination, but here I go again.
Maybe this time it will stick.

Yes most of my friends who took the vaccine also didn't support mandates. Yet somehow we got mandates :rolleyes:

When you idiots volunteered to be guinea pigs you sent a clear message to governments around the world that they'd only have to be draconian to a minority of the population.

When I catch a cold, I drink lemon/ginger/honey tea. I don't need to - I know it will lessen my symptoms, but I will undoubtedly get over the cold in the same timeframe than if I don't drink tea.

Now - if the tea caused me terrible issues like shitting myself uncontrollably, I would opt not to take it because shitting myself is not worth having a less sore throat.

But it doesn't have any draw backs, just a benefit.
So I opt to take it.
Fear don't come into this at all, and it's the same for me and covid.

Any chance you'll address this?

Address you comparing lemons and tea to a rushed pharmaceutical injection? Yeah lemme get right on that

Can't spell it any more clearly. My 6 yearold would understand this.

It doesn't explain why they mandated it at all.

Here in the UK, there was no vaccine mandates, despise our country being one of the quickest to take it up.

I think your anger is simply misplaced - your gov chose to mandate, and you want to lash out at anyone who you associate with the vaccine.
Which is like a double-misplacement - because you're not even angry about the vaccine, but rather the mandates regarding it.

Address you comparing lemons and tea to a rushed pharmaceutical injection? Yeah lemme get right on that

My point was that I don't NEED to take something, in order to want to take it.
But you knew that - you're just being obtuse.

Yes most of my friends who took the vaccine also didn't support mandates. Yet somehow we got mandates :rolleyes:

When you idiots volunteered to be guinea pigs you sent a clear message to governments around the world that they'd only have to be draconian to a minority of the population.

This is a really dumb take. Weird to be agreeing with lozza.

I don't live in the UK. I live in a place which had vaccine mandates. My government, and MANY other governments around the world, were empowered to enact draconian mandates specifically because they already had majority compliance.

They knew that the vaccinated majority wouldn't put up a fight. I have plenty of people like you in my life, who said they were against mandates, but never actually took any actions to protest the gross infringement on peoples' rights. They were complacent. The shitty sheepish complacent majority, which you belong to. ;)

I don't live in the UK. I live in a place which had vaccine mandates. My government, and MANY other governments around the world, were empowered to enact draconian mandates specifically because they already had majority compliance.

They knew that the vaccinated majority wouldn't put up a fight. I have plenty of people like you in my life, who said they were against mandates, but never actually took any actions to protest the gross infringement on peoples' rights. They were complacent. The shitty sheepish complacent majority, which you belong to. ;)

I understand your frustration at how people gave up their rights and ignored other people losing their rights simply because it didn't impact them (they already took the jab). But the only people you have to blame for mandates are the people that created and enforced them, government and corporations.

What did you do to protest?
Sounds like you just didn't comply.

Which, given that at the beginning of all this you said "fuck the herd - I'm going to just protect me and my own" sounds about right.

But the only people you have to blame for mandates are the people that created and enforced them, government and corporations.

The government couldn't have mandated vaccines unless they already had majority compliance, dude. Thats the point. A whole slew of people had to line up voluntarily first, before the political will would make mandates possible.

I seem to remember you blaming arak atak (sp?) For the mandates in Australian because he is a voting member of the population that voted them in. So I guess you have to blame yourself now for the same reason.

The government couldn't have mandated vaccines unless they already had majority compliance, dude. Thats the point. A whole slew of people had to line up voluntarily first, before the political will would make mandates possible.

I think this is a non sequitur.

Back in the beginning, you said you were thankful for the 'test subjects' because they would demonstrate to you if the vaccine was safe.

Similarly, the gov wouldn't have mandated unless they had generated the same data to demonstrate the safety of such a mandate.

In any case, your ideas about majority compliance doesn't hold water - the UK didn't create mandates despite very large uptake, and conversely the USA had terrible uptake and yet they enforced a mandate.

I think this is a non sequitur.

Back in the beginning, you said you were thankful for the 'test subjects' because they would demonstrate to you if the vaccine was safe.

Similarly, the gov wouldn't have mandated unless they had generated the same data to demonstrate the safety of such a mandate.

In any case, your ideas about majority compliance doesn't hold water - the UK didn't create mandates despite very large uptake, and conversely the USA had terrible uptake and yet they enforced a mandate.

The only political path to viable mandates is to first have majority compliance through public messaging and subtle coercion. The fact that your government stopped short of mandates is admirable. Good for them. Good for the people.

I live in a place where that did not happen.

The USA is a bad example. Massive population spread across 50 states which all had their own ways of dealing with the pandemic. Its a stupid argument.

Back