Loco Hombre Off the Mexico

I think both Vanster and Scooby should come to Mazatlan

CAGE FIGHTS

Tourmaline... is that Old Man's in San Clemente ?
anyway, surfing is keeping me in shape
can't imagine what I'd be without it

You nailed it, that's exactly how I learned.

Someday, there might be a place where your hair is as long as mine, and we just surf every day and listen to Jimmy Buffet and talk about how we used to fight about things that don't really matter.

Does Thailand have surfing? I know Costa Rica does, and spots in Mexico. Thailand and Malasia seems to be kind of surrounded.

Phuket has a lot..

Surfing in Thailand: 15 Best Spots to Catch a Wave

I think both Vanster and Scooby should come to Mazatlan

I have no doubt Scooby could destroy me in a fight.

If we ever do come visit, the only rule is that I will pay for the shots, and you have to provide the sexwax for our boards. Baron promises to grow his hair out. That should be good.

If you really bought one of these, that was a good choice to learn on.
I would have saved myself two years of frustration if I had one of those at 10 y/o
Oceanside was where I had a house from 93 to 2016... something like that

ya i r sarf nub ty

borderline kook

1st time was in ventura not that many yr ago

buddy has a house out there just off the beach that sits empty like 11 months a yr its kinda sad i should just live there and smoke weed and sarf

that was pretty fucking funny
Build A Wall Mexico!

a lot of that was Huntington Beach
ol stompin' grounds

freakin southers j/k <3 this thread got sweet

You know I thought about you last week
As glanced at the bus
parked under a metal roof covering
at my parent-in-laws

i didn't even look at it

My wife was trying to get my brother-in-law to work on it,
and he was,
but then he became busy working on trucks...

so there it sits and I'm not going to bring it up
cause I don't really need it, just would be cool
maybe I should work on....
hey look
a wave!!!
Yeah, the F word. Friends and family. Her brother has to eat, and that's a big project.

Not saying you're one of the guys Louis describes, but the video gives some nice perspective.

hey
I was going to pay him dammit
it's my wife that's a cheap bitch

ahahah
love the video
We, as comp nerds
We all learned not to tell people
especially family
that we knew how to build computers

also
psycho mommy
ashkenazi

lesson
we can get so smart it drives us crazy

Last edited:
Phuket is a shitfest though, bad place to retire.
The surf in Thailand isn't all that great anyway, better off going to Indonesia for some of the best in the world- also cheap as hell (but not as nice)

Booked in for a 9am session tomorrow, get to try out the new board and booties, going to be 8 C (46f) in the morning so brrrr

The surf in Thailand isn't all that great anyway, better off going to Indonesia for some of the best in the world- also cheap as hell (but not as nice)

Booked in for a 9am session tomorrow, get to try out the new board and booties, going to be 8 C (46f) in the morning so brrrr
yep

going to Chiang Mai not Phuket.

That sounds like a lot of fun! I've never been to a wave park. I woke up late even though there were great waves out there. I thought I got lucky because the wind was light in the afternoon and the swell was still up and I saw no one out there... This is what I wrote my friend this afternoon:

Okay so I went to Los pinos. Waves look good winds light. No one out so I start to paddle out for the channel... I see a couple of the 50₡ size bubble jellyfish. I paddle a little further though and nothing I don't see anything so I get outside and catch a shoulder to warm up. Paddle back out and heaf more toward the point and sit and waiting for a set... Next thing I know I look around I'm in a pool of 100 or 1,000 jellyfish. I kind of feel the tingles on my legs and I look down they're all puffing around me I get on my board as flat as I can thankfully with a long sleeve shirt I plow through those jellyfish for the shore. Caught a tiny inside wave and then straight in on White water. Got a few stings on my hands and on my legs a little one on my back they don't hurt too bad but I didn't stick around to get anymore... Too bad nice waves out there I hope they're gone tomorrow

I've never gotten to travel to Indo or Thailand
I know they have good surf. So many good 'decent' areas to surf everywhere...

Here's an example of what I'm not looking for
70a7b86b80d73b441f97a5cc20d3c72f.jpg

Hope you give us a write up.
When do you see this possibly happening?

Last edited:

Chiang Mai is nice, watch out for the hill tribes :)

Charlie don't surf up there tho, you can always hit up the Mekong, that's a lot of fun!

Absolutely freezing this morning, I'm now trying to defrost. Air temp was 6 C (43f) and water was about the same. Was windy, raining and even hailed at one point. Still stuck it out for an hour until my hands turned to claws and I could no longer move them.

Great fun, booked in again for next week :sunny:

My hands are still aching tonight, so in more "spend it like ya stole it" style, I just ordered some gloves and a balaclava/thermal vest

If I'm going to surf right through a south pole winter, I'm not going to cripple myself from it.

and ice bergs or not, I am determined to be a half decent surfer by the time I get to Byron this summer

Chiang Mai is nice, watch out for the hill tribes :)

Charlie don't surf up there tho, you can always hit up the Mekong, that's a lot of fun!

Absolutely freezing this morning, I'm now trying to defrost. Air temp was 6 C (43f) and water was about the same. Was windy, raining and even hailed at one point. Still stuck it out for an hour until my hands turned to claws and I could no longer move them.

Great fun, booked in again for next week :sunny:

Glad you had a great time
haha that cold man, I don't know
I thought Aus was a warm place...

Last edited:
Aus is warm up north, I live in the colder part. Although it still gets stinking hot in Summer, the benefit is I can go skiing in winter.
But all of my oceans point straight at Antarctica and it gets pretty chilly!

Tasmania is the coldest and is a beautiful place - it has amazing wild surf. But goddam cold and populated with two headed inbreeds.

I just shared a beer with an unknown person. Load me up; I'll fight it off. The experience was good.

My hands are still aching tonight, so in more "spend it like ya stole it" style, I just ordered some gloves and a balaclava/thermal vest

If I'm going to surf right through a south pole winter, I'm not going to cripple myself from it.

and ice bergs or not, I am determined to be a half decent surfer by the time I get to Byron this summer

Now that is an adventure.

Back