Who/what did you hate the most in Tribes?

The Magical Zoo

Veteran XV
Could be a team. Could be a player. Could be a server etc.

tribekiller for me individually. the spam and server crashing.

there was a LT team called gangsters that hated my team for some reason. glare was the only dude i could stand

reddread from 5150 banned me from 5150w for a year because i chained on him IR (he was mortar spamming our flag). apparently this was 'tag chasing'. 12 yrs later never forgive never forget lol

people who cried 'O sniper!' when I had chased a capper home as LD and popped him with my LR before he could reach the stand

mortar spam on the towers on Snowblind :zzz:

vehicles in t2

I hated playing on a 56k modem and using a TNT card. OpenGL was so b0rked for Tribes. It wasn't until I got cable and a voodoo that things felt how they were supposed to be and I got to see how talented I really was....which wasn't that talented.

I hated playing on a 56k modem and using a TNT card. OpenGL was so b0rked for Tribes. It wasn't until I got cable and a voodoo that things felt how they are supposed to be.

as i recall, some of the t1 mods (havoc, shifter) used cloaking and some graphics cards couldn't render the invisibility. So it would still be there just somewhat transparent.

eM. team elemental

for turtling with the flag in their base after 1 cap on iceridge in order to waste 25 minutes of my teams time even though we'd never scrimmed or played against each other

it was the kind of intentional dickwad move you only pull on teams you hate, but they did it to us with zero history... just to be assholes i guess?

if u were in eM diaf plz

In T2 at some point they patched it so that when you summoned a vehicle, you were automatically placed into it.

Before the patch you could hide until the enemy spawned something, then jump in and steal it.

I hated playing on a 56k modem and using a TNT card. OpenGL was so b0rked for Tribes. It wasn't until I got cable and a voodoo that things felt how they were supposed to be and I got to see how talented I really was....which wasn't that talented.

I went the reverse, from a banshee to a TNT. I didn't know dick all about opengl or glide and thought I was upgrading... never saw rain on raindance again :mecry: and that dip behind stonehenge rendered so wrong on opengl

oh and i used to fucking love to knock people out of the invens in t1. it got to the point where the whole team was doing it and no one could suit up :rofl:

Back