gas at $2.75, oil prices falling, and america producing more oil than anyone else

lol gas with vice president halliburton averaged over 4$ a gallon, gas with obamers gonna git yer es yew vee averaged below 3$ a gallon.

interesting theories as to why this is happening

some saying global economic slow down (global recession incoming?)

others saying Libya flooding the market so much that OPEC + Saudi are going to need to throttle back soon (supply vs. demand).

Libya

others predicting this is an orchestrated economic fuck you to nations like Iran and Russia. One that, even if it wasn't planned, is certainly hurting them right now.

Is the Russian economy on the verge of collapse?

Personally, I have no idea

an important part you have to remember is that members of opec base their operating budgets on oil sold. Countries with little or no reserves are hurting the most and want production brought down. Saudi Arabia has until recently said they do not see the need to lower production.

some opec nations are seeing this as a way to squeeze them out of the market. Saudi Arabia just wants to hold onto its market share until the prices climbs back up.

There was a car show, where a dude was driving the Telsa around a track. He said the drive was nice, but after a couple laps, he had used 50% of the battery power, and it takes 20 hours to charge. Not practical at all.

The falling gas prices should of happened years ago when we helped Kuwait. I'd call this a 23 year delayed reaction.

Otherwise, I'd say this is all planned by the left to win the mid term elections. Gas prices fall, people think everything is fine, they vote for the left.

Last edited:
My petrol costs 30% of what yours costs in Texas, and terrists are not trying to kill me. Irony anyone?

I figure expats like you are the first up against the wall when IS rolls thru. we'll do a kickstarter to buy your wife and daughter out of white slavery after you're gone.

The one time i'm proactive in filling up our oil tank and the shit drops like 40c/gal a few weeks later.

YAY

hurrrdurrr.png

I figure expats like you are the first up against the wall when IS rolls thru. we'll do a kickstarter to buy your wife and daughter out of white slavery after you're gone.
no we won't. there'll be some new game coming out and we'll spend our money on that instead.

Not for this particular thread where I call the gop on their sky is falling bullshit.

You mean the GOP who pushed for the oil out of North Dakota or the environmentalist who have been on "war" on fossil fuels?

JUUUUUST curious

edit: one semi redeeming thing Obama did was push fracking for the natural gas kinda sorta

where the fuck do you people live that is getting $2.something per gallon of gas?

i haven't seen gas that price since the late 90's.

i paid 3.69 two days ago.

oh right... i live in a progressive nightmare.

and yes, this has everything to do with attempting to hurt Russia. but Russia knows this wont last long and so does China so they just signed a massive oil deal a few months ago. locked in China at a certain price for so many years at almost 500 billion dollars. and thats 500 billion NOT paid in petro dollars. this is what is causing the oil prices to drop. Russia and China gave a big FUCK YOU to the FED and that leads to a financial war and financial wars always proceed a physical war.

You mean the GOP who pushed for the oil out of North Dakota or the environmentalist who have been on "war" on fossil fuels?
Tar sand from canada was the number 1 environmentalist target due to CO2 emissions it created, by undercutting the cost of oil our economy has effectively made the tar sand oil unprofitable. High oil prices (like the kind we had under President Bush before our economy collapsed at the end of his second term) make tar sands profitable and have more CO2 emissions per gallon of fuel they produce. Natural gas creates even less emissions when burned than heating oil or gas.
JUUUUUST curious

edit: one semi redeeming thing Obama did was push fracking for the natural gas kinda sorta
Production of oil and gas on federal lands has fallen since Obama was elected, production on private land has increased.

Chalk one up for GOP talking points being wrong again, we don't need to drill on federally protected land just to squeeze the last easy drops of fuel out.

Back